136503Re: [dsg] Re: Once upon a Time, Ch 2 , no 11

    May 14, 2014
      Op 14 mei 2014, om 15:54 heeft sarahprocterabbott@... [dhammastudygroup] het volgende geschreven:

      > S: ....and when there is more understanding that it's only seeing and thinking, hearing and thinking and so on now, nothing in the past to have regret about at all and nothing in the future to long for.... "just like now'!
      N: I listened to an old recording, K.K. (2007) when Lodewijk was so upset that when we asked Acharn about a dear friend's cremation, Kh Charupan, how it was, she answered: just like now. But she explained that it is like seeing that falls away, hearing that falls away. All realities arise for a short moment and then fall away. Later on the <just like now> became more meaningful to me. Life is just one moment, seeing, hearing, thinking. But one has to be courageous to accept this, and, cittas are not always cheerful, and brave. At times we find it all very acceptable, at times it is not so easy to swallow.