134391Re: [dsg] RE: I'm back

    Dec 19, 2013
      Dear Rob M,
      Thank you for  sharing your table of contents.

      Op 18 dec 2013, om 22:06 heeft <moult_rob@...> het volgende geschreven:

      Whereas the Sangaha takes an approach of "memorize all these cittas first and then I will explain how they fit into the bigger picture...", I present some of the big picture first and then get more granular by describing the cittas and cetaskia.
      N: I know this approach of memorizing. When in India we visited a temple and two young boys perfectly memorized the beginning of the Dhammasangani, the first book of the Abhidhamma. When we asked whether they understood what they recited the teacher answered that in a higher grade they would acquire more understanding of what they recited. Different appraoches!

    • Show all 39 messages in this topic