114335Re: [dsg] just joining the posting group

    Apr 1 12:35 AM
      Dear Jacob,
      Welcome here, I am so glad you made it.
      Op 31-mrt-2011, om 15:07 heeft jacob douglas het volgende geschreven:

      > For now it may suffice to just briefly state that I am a 26 yr old
      > male person who has decided that the conceptual study of paramatta
      > dhammas and being wise about developing supportive conditions for
      > the arising of Sati and Panna is the most fundamentally valuable
      > form of learning , or thing that i can engage in, and am glad to do
      > so.
      -----
      N: I appreciate your enthusiasm for study. I agree with you about the
      most valuable form of learning. Gradually we can learn that the
      Abhidhamma is not theory and that each page points to the present
      moment. It is not abstract. I am glad to receive here on this list
      many reminders not to be forgetful of the present dhamma appearing
      through eyes, ears, nose, tongue, bodysense and mind-door. Ken H who
      answered your post is constantly reminding us of this truth.
      Best wishes,