100610Re: Remastered!

  • szmicio
    Sep 11, 2009
      Dear colette,

      I,ve got some second-hand story.
      I dont remember it now, because it was long ago since I've heard it. So forgive me if i change something.

      <The Buddha was sitting on the bank of a river. There was a group of people who where learning how to walk on water(on the surface, some kind of practice in ancient India??). Ones were beginners, they made one step and immediately fall down into the water, some were more advenced and made few more steps and then fall into the water, and some who was practicing for 40-ty years, were almost perfect. They walked on water without difficulties. They knew that Buddha is nearby, so they came to him. And asked him a question if he can walk on water. Buddha smiled and answered:
      "Isnt it better to spend this time on making a friendship with the closest ferryman?">

      Of course maybe I made it up myself, i am not sure now. It was long ago when i heard this story.
      Buddha proposed to spend this time on not learnig how to walk on water but cultivate a friendship. Isnt it a wonderful story?
      I think that only right understanding is the thing that really matters. All metaphisic is just a border.
      Those are just few words from me, colette. If you dont like them that's OK.

      My best wishes
      Lukas

      > Great CAPTURE of the conflicting realities: How does a "transmigration" even have a potential of existing from NOTHING. You got the thought! Meditate on it!
      >
      > Now this is my bias and predjudice but doesn't the meditation lead directly to YOGACHARA? I fully admit that it is more than possible for the medittation to lead to other outcomes but, to me, in my pair of shoes, it has always led me to the realization that there is a MIND-ONLY SCHOOL OF REALITY and that this school, this hallucination, is THE ONLY REASON FOR REALITY. What better of a school other than the Yogachara, IS THERE, that can relate and speak to me from my upbringing of excessive use of LSD, and mushrooms, etc? I am dealing with this unfathomable reality that exists where THE MIND is the "creator deity" and I've found that Karma is nothing more THAN, POTENTIALLY, than just an electrical connection between the individual's MIND and it's electrical activity which manifested this or that EMOTION but those exact same specific characteristics probalby existed many times before and many centuries before the single practictioner had them; therefore it is not the practictioner's karma, it is any person's karma, YET THAT PREVIOUSLY MANIFESTED KARMA IS OUT THERE, SOMEWHERE, IN THE ETHOS OR LOGOS OR WHERE EVER, and it's just waiting for a simlar connection to come along where it can get rid of it's force i.e. LIGHTNING.
      >
      > I look forward to returning to the DSG here and catching up over the few weeks that I've been "honing my bone" or sharpening my sword. ;) lol
      > The post you gave me is OF INTEREST! and I figure that as I come down from this "exhaltation" or "bliss" I'll be working on that.
      >
      > HOLD IT!
      >
      > > The ignorance is the cause of transmigration and in the patticcasamupada it's more clear. The transmigration is also only the moment of arising and falling away.
      >

      > colette: I don't know how you can actually say what the or any "transmigration" is and where it came from, but I am open to discovery and to enlighten myself to THAT WHICH I ALREADY KNOW AND ACCEPT AS MY IGNORANCE. Maybe by reading the sutta, then I'll be able to better understand your position here. I shy away from taking such an explicit stand as defining where the 'transmigration' came from and what the 'transmigration' is, SINCE I HAVE YET TO HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF ABIDING IN SUCH A STATE/CONDITION as prescribed here.
      >
      > toodles,
      > colette
      >

      > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "szmicio" <szmicio@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Colette and Scott
      > >
      > > > Regarding the sixth question:
      > > >
      > > > c: "WHICH CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG, THE CRIME OR THE POLICE OFFICER, GOOD OR EVIL?"
      > > >
      > > > Scott: I don't think there is a beginning to DELUSION.
      > >
      > > L: Well, the Blessed One also said about the begining of transmigration:

> [...]
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic