100560Re: Remastered!

  • ksheri3
    Sep 8, 2009
      INTERESTING ASPECT:

      TRANSMIGRATION being generated by IGNORANCE!

      You know, this takes the entire mystic persona away from the concept TRANSMIGRATION when it is posed as a RESULTANT PHENOMENA of IGNORANCE.

      Wow, think of the possibilities!

      I have been working the Kaballah now for more than 25 years, almost 30 years, and WOW, DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS DOES TO THE JEWISH CONCEPT OF "REPAIRING THE FACE OF GOD", WHEN THE CONCEPT OF TRANSMIGRATION IS APPLIED IN A SUBORDINATE CONTEXT TO IGNORANCE?

      YOU ARE SPLENDID! YOU WORK WELL WITH ME AND WHERE I AM AT! THANK YOU!

      I AM RIGHT WITH THIS SUTTA AT THIS SECOND AND HAVE BEEN AT THIS SUTTA FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS. Don't worry, I'm working on it and I'm workin on a lot of other things as well.

      toodles,
      colette

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "szmicio" <szmicio@...> wrote:

      > Dear Colette and Scott
      >
      > > Regarding the sixth question:
      > >
      > > c: "WHICH CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG, THE CRIME OR THE POLICE OFFICER, GOOD OR EVIL?"
      > >
      > > Scott: I don't think there is a beginning to DELUSION.
      >
      > L: Well, the Blessed One also said about the begining of transmigration:
      >
      > <Just as a stick thrown up in the air lands sometimes on its base, sometimes on its side, sometimes on its tip; in the same way, beings hindered by ignorance and fettered by craving, transmigrating & wandering on, sometimes go from this world to another world, sometimes come from another world to this.
      >
      > "Why is that? From an inconstruable beginning comes transmigration. A beginning point is not evident, though beings hindered by ignorance and fettered by craving are transmigrating & wandering on. Long have you thus experienced stress, experienced pain, experienced loss, swelling the cemeteries — enough to become disenchanted with all fabricated things, enough to become dispassionate, enough to be released.">
      >
      > The whole Danda Sutta:
      > http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn15/sn15.009.than.html
      <...>
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic