Gunfondler note

  • Rayburn, Russell E.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      More on the new XM-8 service rifle:

      http://www.geekswithguns.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=106

      In short, this rifle embraces the modular weapon concept I first saw with
      the Styer AUG.
    • Michael Layne
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        On 1 August 2003, "Rayburn, Russell E." <RERayburn@...> said:

        >More on the new XM-8 service rifle:
        >
        >http://www.geekswithguns.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=106
        >
        >In short, this rifle embraces the modular weapon concept I first saw with
        >the Styer AUG.

        Too bad it doesn't also embrace the bullpup design used in the AUG --
        they could have a shorter weapon with the same barrel length! Still, it
        seems to be a good rifle, and I suppose it's about time an M-16 replacement
        came along...

        It does look a bit like some of the rifles from "Aliens", which should
        be very useful, if it is used against extraterrestrials!:) And it apparently
        comes in several decorator colors! (DG should be able to get some in green
        for the Green Boxes...)

        By the way, I'll be off the List for the next couple of weeks --
        tomorrow, I leave for the 32nd Pennsic War, at Cooper's Lake Campground, in
        Butler County, PA. Yes, for the twentieth time, I'm going on active duty at
        Pennsic! If anybody on this List is looking for me up there, the best place
        to check would probably be Heralds' Point! (Just ask for THL Michael Langley
        of Riversmeet...)

        Michael Layne
        DGGF#688
        theherald@...