Re: [dglist] Status Delta Green books

  • SGlancy12@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
      The Delta Green hard cover is moving forward... I hope it will be in the
      hands of distributors by May.

      Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the hands of distributors in
      about 3 weeks.

      A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

    • twenty_sided_guy
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
        --- In dglist@yahoogroups.com, SGlancy12@a... wrote:
        > The Delta Green hard cover is moving forward... I hope it will be
        in the
        > hands of distributors by May.
        >
        > Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the hands of
        distributors in
        > about 3 weeks.
        >
        > A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

        Could better-than expected sales lead to the reprinting/dualstatting
        of any other books? Like, umm, the chapbook collection?
      • SuperDave
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
          SGlancy12@... wrote:
          > The Delta Green hard cover is moving forward... I hope it will be in the
          > hands of distributors by May.
          >
          > Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the hands of distributors in
          > about 3 weeks.

          And now for my usual comment whenever Pagan announces *any* product
          release: Whoo-hoo! More stuff to spend money on!

          I see you're not carrying as many Necronomicon Press items as you used
          to--too bad. I ordered a bunch of books from them months ago, never
          heard back, never got a charge on my credit card, never got a reply to
          my email queries. If I could, I'd much rather order the books through
          you guys--I've always gotten very good customer service from y'all.

          Dave
        • SGlancy12@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
            In a message dated 1/17/04 6:38:23 PM, daumen@... writes:

            > Could better-than expected sales lead to the reprinting/dualstatting
            > of any other books?  Like, umm, the chapbook collection?

            I certainly hope so. If they don't lead to the reprint of the Chapbook
            collection it will be because we have gone out of business.

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
              In a message dated 1/17/04 6:41:57 PM, superdave@... writes:

              > I see you're not carrying as many Necronomicon Press items as you used
              > to--too bad. I ordered a bunch of books from them months ago, never
              > heard back, never got a charge on my credit card, never got a reply to
              > my email queries. If I could, I'd much rather order the books through
              > you guys--I've always gotten very good customer service from y'all.

              Well, often that is the same problem we have with them. As for our customer
              service, I must admit that it has been slipping in recent months. I'm the only
              fella keeping things running here at Pagan so I often fall behind in my
              chores. Especially with my recent 10 day drive from Florida to Seattle. Also, I am
              pleased to announce that the doctors have reported back and I do not have
              cancer of the girlfriend. Jane had a VERY fast growing tumor on her thyroid. The
              docs had to take it out since the long needle biopsy failed to confirm or deny
              the existance of a malignancy. The bisection of the tumor came back clean
              yesterday. Been doing the "don't have cancer dance" ever since. Makes it hard to
              answer email and get orders into the mail when you are dancing.

              A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

            • The Man in Black
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
                From: <SGlancy12@...>

                > Well, often that is the same problem we have with them. As for our
                customer
                > service, I must admit that it has been slipping in recent months. I'm the
                only
                > fella keeping things running here at Pagan so I often fall behind in my
                > chores.

                What you need are unpaid interns. Small Businesses have just as much to
                teach, if not more so, than large corporations. They can also make better
                use of the cheap labor. Get them free from Universities! HINT: feed your
                unpaid interns/volunteers well, good food keeps people happy.

                > Especially with my recent 10 day drive from Florida to Seattle. Also, I am
                > pleased to announce that the doctors have reported back and I do not have
                > cancer of the girlfriend. Jane had a VERY fast growing tumor on her
                thyroid.

                I shudder to think what kind of sickening and degenerate sexual
                experimentation would cause such a horrific thing. I can only hope that Jane
                pulls some kind of Asenath Waite on you in retaliation. I've lost both an
                uncle and a good friend to lung cancer (both heavy smokers, hell... Uncle
                Melvin ran a freakin' cigar store).

                I hope you were only joking about closing your doors, Pagan consistently
                produces quality work and it would be a shame to see it drop off the radar.

                The Man in Black is : Kenneth Scroggins
                Novus Ordo Seclorum : Annuit Cæptus : E Pluribus Unum
                [ANOMALIES] : http://home.hawaii.rr.com/maninblack/dg.html
              • ialdaloboth *genzundheit!*
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 17, 2004
                  >Also, I am
                  >pleased to announce that the doctors have reported back and I do not have
                  >cancer of the girlfriend.

                  *WHEW!* Glad to hear, man.

                • Jens Kalkosky
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 18, 2004
                    > Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the hands of distributors in
                    > about 3 weeks.

                    Haven´t we heard that some months ago???

                    I´m really tired of announcements that hardly come true. What a luck that I
                    didn´t told my wife to get it for me as a christmasgift.

                    Fot the future I´ll wait untill it hits my shop. If I don´t know about it,
                    than I´ll maybe miss it, but that will be OK for me.

                    Jens
                  • Davide Mana
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 18, 2004
                      Greetings.

                      > And now for my usual comment whenever Pagan announces *any* product
                      > release: Whoo-hoo! More stuff to spend money on!

                      Indeed, good news.

                      > I see you're not carrying as many Necronomicon Press items as you used
                      > to--too bad. I ordered a bunch of books from them months ago, never
                      > heard back, never got a charge on my credit card, never got a reply to
                      > my email queries. If I could, I'd much rather order the books through
                      > you guys--I've always gotten very good customer service from y'all.

                      I fully subscribe to the above - acquiring Necronomicon Press stuff is
                      getting harder and harder.
                      Buying it through Pagan/Outsider might be a good solution fot those of
                      us that need their periodic fix and have been left out to dry by Necro.

                      Cheers!

                      Davide Mana
                      Torino, Italy
                    • H. Todd J. Moore
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 19, 2004
                        Thanks for the update, Scott.

                        OK, I got my two sourcebooks. What other
                        materials from you all do I need, and how do I
                        get them? I know there were a couple of trade
                        paperback novels, and a bunch of Unspeakable Oath
                        articles. Do you have a bibliography?

                        Thanks,

                        Todd

                        --- SGlancy12@... wrote:
                        > The Delta Green hard cover is moving forward...
                        > I hope it will be in the
                        > hands of distributors by May.
                        >
                        > Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the
                        > hands of distributors in
                        > about 3 weeks.
                        >
                        > A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

                        =====
                        H. Todd J. Moore

                      • Shane Ivey
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 20, 2004
                          Please see:

                          http://www.delta-green.com/about/faq.html#published

                          (Reminds me, I need to add The Black Seal #2! Will do that today.)

                          Shane Ivey
                          Arc Dream Publishing & Delta-Green.com

                          On 1/19/04 7:02 PM, "H. Todd J. Moore" <htoddjmoore@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks for the update, Scott.
                          >
                          > OK, I got my two sourcebooks. What other
                          > materials from you all do I need, and how do I
                          > get them? I know there were a couple of trade
                          > paperback novels, and a bunch of Unspeakable Oath
                          > articles. Do you have a bibliography?
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > Todd
                          >

                          > --- SGlancy12@... wrote:
                          >> The Delta Green hard cover is moving forward...
                          >> I hope it will be in the
                          >> hands of distributors by May.
                          >>
                          >> Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the
                          >> hands of distributors in
                          >> about 3 weeks.
                          >>
                          >> A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp
                          >>

                          > =====
                          > H. Todd J. Moore

                        • SuperDave
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 20, 2004
                            Shane Ivey wrote:
                            > Please see:
                            > http://www.delta-green.com/about/faq.html#published
                            > (Reminds me, I need to add The Black Seal #2! Will do that today.)

                            And wasn't there a sequel to the originating "Convergence" article, in
                            some cyberpunk magazine?

                            > On 1/19/04 7:02 PM, "H. Todd J. Moore" <htoddjmoore@...> wrote:
                            >>OK, I got my two sourcebooks. What other
                            >>materials from you all do I need, and how do I
                            >>get them?

                            There's really nothing else you "need," although I guess that depends on
                            exactly what your needs are. For simply running a DG campaign, you're
                            good to go, but all the stuff listed in that bibliography is juicy and
                            will be useful to you.

                            As for how to get them--I think the Cthulhu Live books (CL: Shades of
                            Gray and CL: Delta Green) are both still available from Fantasy Flight,
                            and even if you don't LARP, they've got good stuff in them. Black Seal
                            #2 is still available; don't know about #1, but get them both if you
                            can--they're densely packed with some of the best DG stuff published,
                            outside the core books. Contact Adam Crossingham about that. The fiction
                            books are all good reads and have plenty of ideas for scenarios,
                            tradecraft, and the like.

                            The "Eyes Only" books are near-impossible to find; I actually gave away
                            one of mine over a year ago since I had been told the reprinted
                            collection was coming soon. :-P Of course the magazine articles, other
                            than the ones online or still available (like Black Seal and some
                            Unspeakable Oaths), can be hard to get hold of--I had actually never
                            heard of Tynes' "El Dia de los Muertos," and I *really* want to read it,
                            as I have partly-written a short story by the same name! (Anybody
                            willing to sell me Shadis #52, or just give me a look at that article,
                            please contact me off-list.)

                            And then there's tons of online stuff at the main DG site and at other
                            sites, and that's all free.

                            Dave
                          • H. Todd J. Moore
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 20, 2004
                              Thanks for all of the info. I used to have a
                              large number of Unspeakable Oaths, but sold them
                              when it was divorce time and money was needed.
                              Anyone know of how I can get ahold of some UO's
                              or that Black Seal #1, that would be a big help.

                              Plan on getting Black Seal #2.

                              I will await the Eyes Only compilation eagerly,
                              as it has the Tillinghast Resonator to
                              Philadelphia Experiment link, upon which rests a
                              work of fiction I have in the making.

                              If the gang at Pagan wish to send me that one
                              article, with the express knowledge that they get
                              first dibs on anything I write using the
                              material, it would be appreciated...

                              Todd

                            • Adam Crossingham
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 20, 2004
                                SuperDave wrote:
                                > Black Seal
                                > #2 is still available; don't know about #1, but get them both if you
                                > can--they're densely packed with some of the best DG stuff published,
                                > outside the core books. Contact Adam Crossingham about that.

                                If you want your TBS#2 fix now just go to
                                http://www.theblackseal.org/dgml and follow the ordering instructions.
                                However you may want to hold on a few days, as I'm shortly going to
                                posting pre-ordering details of TBS#3, and I will be doing a "catch-up"
                                deal of TBS#2&3 for those who haven't got TBS#2 yet and want to get
                                TBS#3 as well.

                                H. Todd J. Moore wrote:
                                > Anyone know of how I can get ahold of some UO's
                                > or that Black Seal #1, that would be a big help.

                                Watch eBay. Three copies have come up in the last six months or so.

                                --
                                Adam Crossingham
                                Was, Is, Will Be.... The Black Seal

                                Heritage Managing Agency Limited
                                3rd Floor
                                Knolly's House
                                9-13 Byward Street
                                London EC3R 5AS
                                Registered in England and Wales:
                                Reg. No. 3768610. Registered office as above.

                                they are addressed.
                                originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
                                email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

                                states them to be the views of Heritage Managing Agency Limited.

                                Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
                                by SurfControl SuperScout Email Filter software in conjunction with
                                virus detection software.
                              • David.Clements
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 20, 2004
                                  Great finish!

                                  I'm glad most of the hooks I left for the final chapter got used, and in
                                  such interesting ways!

                                  Now I'm wondering who the Smiling Man was, and what he was an avatar of,
                                  and *why* did he want to lead the other avatar away from her 'master' in
                                  the warehouse. Some interesting internecine plots among the avatar
                                  population, it would seem...

                                  Count mw in for the next one! I was hoping for the sub too, having just
                                  got some interesting details from an ex-submariner, but maybe I'll save
                                  those up for something else now :-)

                                  Cheers!

                                  Dave
                                • SGlancy12@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 29, 2004
                                    In a message dated 1/19/04 5:06:11 PM, htoddjmoore@... writes:

                                    > OK, I got my two sourcebooks. What other
                                    > materials from you all do I need, and how do I
                                    > get them? I know there were a couple of trade
                                    > paperback novels, and a bunch of Unspeakable Oath
                                    > articles. Do you have a bibliography?

                                    Hey Todd,

                                    Did anyone ever set you up with the URL for our website?

                                    www.tccorp.com

                                    That will tell you what is in print and available to order and what is out of
                                    print.

                                    A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp

                                  • Brett Dixon
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
                                      On Jan 18, 2004, at 4:19 AM, Jens Kalkosky wrote:

                                      >> Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy will be in the hands of distributors
                                      >> in
                                      >> about 3 weeks.

                                      Does anyone know if Chaosium's online store will be selling this? I've
                                      had good luck ordering from them (since they split from Wizard's Attic,
                                      which I heard had problems) and they seem to be trying to stock related
                                      stuff, like the collectibles and some other books...

                                      --
                                      Brett