Fairfield Project look-and-feel

  • Viktor Eikman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
      Right now, the guy who happened to pick a new wiki farm when the
      original Fairfield Project was spammed has free reign over the
      presentation of shared content. That presentation does not seem to
      have the approval of the community. Two (?) complaints have been
      addressed (bright green headings, translucent background), others
      remain from the conversation back in July.

      http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/

      I'm wondering how this is supposed to be handled. Obviously Jürgen is
      not paid to keep our small community serviced with the impossible task
      of "web design by committee", but the wiki is important. The dated
      official site does little to pull in and inform new players, yet it
      looks better than the wiki.

      Take the header/banner for example:
      http://jhtest.wdfiles.com/local--files/admin%3Amanage/aeer.png -- In
      my opinion: Too big by half, and I don't even have a smart phone. The
      mixing of typefaces doesn't work. The DG logo just looks crammed in
      there, with its inconsistent padding. And there is a spelling error in
      the first freaking word, replicated on every page.

      We should give strangers a better welcome. If I thought there was a
      reasonable, democratic, functional process for changing the banner, I
      would happily submit a new one for consideration. But right now
      there's just one guy, Jürgen, last seen on the list two months ago,
      with all the rights and no clear agenda.

      Is anything happening?

      Is there a plan?

      Am I the only one who wants to know?

      Uh, and happy new year.

      Viktor
    • Bree Orlock
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012
        Its looking a lot better than the last time that I saw it. Great job Hun :)

        Bree Orlock
        Managing Editor,
        Stardust Publications
        bree.orlock@...
        http://stardust-publications.com
        God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
        - Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

        Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
        -Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms