PISCES question

  • Pirouli
    Message 1 of 175 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hello,

      I am a French keeper (sorry for my bad english) who just started DG (I
      managed to get Coutndown & Eyes Only also).

      I was wandering if any scenario (official or not) implicating DG agents
      against a Shaggaï/PISCES conspiracy existed, to introduce the themes
      from Countdown?

      Sorry to ask if the question already arose by the past, but when I tried
      to browse through the ML archives, I just fumbled and got too much
      threads treating of PISCES...

      Best,

      Guillaume
    • Russell Rayburn
      Message 175 of 175 , Oct 30, 2011
        Bit of thread necromancy, but saw this today:

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15510467

        "Ships sailing under a British flag will be able to carry armed guards
        to protect them from pirates, the prime minister has announced.

        David Cameron says he wants to combat the risks to shipping off the
        coast of Somalia, where 49 of the world's 53 hijackings last year took
        place.

        No ship carrying armed security has yet been hijacked, the government claims.

        Up to 200 vessels flying the red ensign - the British merchant navy
        flag - regularly sail close to Somalia.

        Officials estimate that about 100 of those would immediately apply for
        permission to have armed guards."

        "Asked if he was comfortable with giving private security operatives
        the right to "shoot to kill" if necessary, Mr Cameron told BBC One's
        Andrew Marr Show: "We have to make choices.

        "Frankly, the extent of the hijack and ransom of ships round the Horn
        of Africa is a complete stain on our world.

        "The fact that a bunch of pirates in Somalia are managing to hold to
        ransom the rest of the world and our trading system is a complete
        insult and the rest of the world needs to come together with much more
        vigour."

        Peter Cook, director of the Security Association for the Maritime
        Industry (Sami), said: "We welcome this carefully considered change of
        policy and we will continue with our accreditation programme to ensure
        that maritime security guards are of the highest standards.""

        ObDG: Covered it a few years ago, but ship at sea + mythos artifact +
        cultists = floating haunted house / OUTPOST scenario.

        --
        ^(;,;)^