Re: Modular 15mm 3D NY Subway-Ghoul Subterrain to give away to good

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2008
      Many of them need touching up on the black painted portions,
      > as it was a cheap balck latex paint which has a tendency to bind when
      > humid. A better quality latex paint would likely be very suitable to
      > paint over the black in the tiles. the obverse sides a balnk and
      > painted black too! I used them this way as blind tiles.
      >
      > I could photograph each section from zenith, before mailing them, and
      > post them here if there is any interest

      Another tip gleaned from many years making warhammer terrain: Using
      more dense foan like blue board insulation (in layers), or even better
      - the pink stuff comes in 2.5" thickness. It stands up to paint
      better. Citadel Roughcoat wont melt it, neither will Testors Military
      colors (the ones in the 4" high cans. If you do small detail on
      anything, I suggest using cell foam AKA Depron Foam - it comes in
      sheets and it's used for RC airplane builds. link is here:
      http://www.remote-control-rc-hobby.com/depron.html