BLUE FLY and Delta Green

  • David Tormsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      On 11/1/07, Viktor Eikman <viktor@...> wrote:

      > "Five, bomb my position, half yield," Coffey hissed through clenched
      > teeth into the microphone as the wood plank tore free with a squeaking
      > crack... =)

      Completely tangential thought, probably anachronistic in the context
      of the previous discussions (and the metaplot) anyway, and possibly
      thought of long ago by someone else: How about BLUE FLY teams as
      Friendlies? Coffey's missions seem pretty much like psychotic operas
      anyway, there is scope for some unofficial cooperation or
      aknowledgement. Eventually they might increasingly find their agenda
      moving closer to that of Delta Green than that of the Steering
      Committee. If Majestic collapses, former BLUE FLY agents may form the
      backbone of a revitalised DG.

      Bonus points if the tables turn: DG becomes official again, but soon
      grows so large and overbearing that it is corrupted by the Mythos,
      while BLUE FLY and surviving pieces of the fallen behemoth that is
      MJ-12 become the illegal conspiracy working within the government to
      keep the darkness at bay.
    • James Haughton
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
        --- In dglist@yahoogroups.com, "David Tormsen" <tormsen@...> wrote:

        > On 11/1/07, Viktor Eikman <viktor@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > "Five, bomb my position, half yield," Coffey hissed through
        clenched
        > > teeth into the microphone as the wood plank tore free with a
        squeaking
        > > crack... =)
        > >

        > Completely tangential thought, probably anachronistic in the context
        > of the previous discussions (and the metaplot) anyway, and possibly
        > thought of long ago by someone else: How about BLUE FLY teams as
        > Friendlies? Coffey's missions seem pretty much like psychotic operas
        > anyway, there is scope for some unofficial cooperation or
        > aknowledgement. Eventually they might increasingly find their agenda
        > moving closer to that of Delta Green than that of the Steering
        > Committee. If Majestic collapses, former BLUE FLY agents may form
        the
        > backbone of a revitalised DG.
        >
        > Bonus points if the tables turn: DG becomes official again, but soon
        > grows so large and overbearing that it is corrupted by the Mythos,
        > while BLUE FLY and surviving pieces of the fallen behemoth that is
        > MJ-12 become the illegal conspiracy working within the government to
        > keep the darkness at bay.

        Could work. I think Blue Fly and NRO Delta would have a very
        antagonistic relationship similar to that between most external
        (spies) and internal (secret police) security agencies - eg the way
        the GRU and KGB despise(d) each other. Since DG is most often butting
        heads with Delta, Blue Fly could easily be tempted to take their side.