Grey seal.

  • BrianW
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
      I did the coastal walk from Auchenmaig bay to Stairhaven, 20 Grey seal were basking in the early morning sun.
      http://tinyurl.com/cn8af24 a good walk with good views of the Luce bay.

      gentalis.
    • Mark Pollitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
        Nice photos Gentalis

        We get very few records of hauled-out seals in D&G so it would be really
        good if you were able to send us additional details (date and location)
        to put on our database.

        MARK

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
          Hi Mark.
          Its not easy to give exact Grid ref, but NX 211-525 is about right, date 01/04/2012, weather sunny and warm.

          Gentalis.

          --- In dgercforum@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Pollitt" <mpollitt@...> wrote:

          > Nice photos Gentalis
          >
          > We get very few records of hauled-out seals in D&G so it would be really
          > good if you were able to send us additional details (date and location)
          > to put on our database.
          >
          > MARK

        • Mark Pollitt
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
            Thanks Brian

            Lovely stretch of coast with plenty of botanical interest, even to
            someone like me who's not that good on plants. I always try to walk it
            each spring to see the Spring Squill flowering - very pretty.

            --- In dgercforum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dgercforum%40yahoogroups.com>
            , "Mark Pollitt" <mpollitt@...> wrote:

            > Nice photos Gentalis
            >
            > We get very few records of hauled-out seals in D&G so it would be
            really
            > good if you were able to send us additional details (date and
            location)
            > to put on our database.
            >
            > MARK

          • Valerie Harrison
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
              I totally agree, this is a brilliant walk especially in the summer when it is alive with butterflies and day flying moths. Here is a selection of what we saw here last June http://wildforms.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/coast-path-from-stairhaven-25th-june.html sadly no seals though!

              Valerie