Re: 501c3 issues...urgent need...

  • Syed Ehtisham
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2006
      Dear All,
      This is outrageous. We may have disputes and
      arguments among individuals, but undermining the group
      which has sustained the work of affiliates, is not
      fair. I will be more specific. Persons running the
      affiliates may have had difficulty getting information
      from Amit Shah and may feel Amit S has not been as
      forthcoming as they would like him to be or that he
      made injudicious statements at one time, but they
      should consider the fact that Amit S offered them
      501c3 coverage, which AANA has not been able to obtain
      though it announced Unilateral Declaration of
      Independence in 6/05.
      Accepting 501c3 coverage implies subscription to the
      principles of the parent body. DIP is a South Asian
      body. That does not restrict affiliates from focusing
      on a particular section of the region. But the
      bye-laws of the affiliates must conform to those of
      DIP.
      Managing accounts is an arduous task.I must also
      submit that the person running the accounts should
      keep copies of checks. If it can not be done the
      charge must be relinquished asap.
      It can not be a one way street. There has to be quid
      pro quo. Affiliates have to participate in the work of
      the parent body.
      Amit P will be away for the next few weeks. We will
      have a meeting when he returns. We will discuss if we
      should continue to offer unconditional 501c3. We must
      have an MOU between DIP and all bodies which are
      currently under DIP umbrella.
      Ehtisham.
      PS. Amit P please indicate when will you be back so I
      can announce the date of the tele-conference.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Syed Ehtisham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2006