Re: [devaram] Thiruvengadu

  • siva kumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 9:56 PM
      hello dear... i also know this story. please try this website...... www.thevaaram.org

      k.sivakumar.B.E.,M.B.A
      General Electronics Engineer
      AL HIJAZ FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT L.L.C
      Dubai - U.A.E.
      phone : +971-4-2248545
      mob : +971-504983841
      mob : +971-559674105

      --- On Tue, 23/6/09, V.Thamarai <lakhlotus@...> wrote:

      From: V.Thamarai <lakhlotus@...>
      Subject: [devaram] Thiruvengadu
      To: devaram@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 23 June, 2009, 1:50 PM

      Dear Friends,

      I know one song from devaram about that "Thiruvengadu" siva temple. This
      pathigam is starting

      "kankaddum muthalana kanal kaddum..." this pathigam about in
      Thiruvengadu siva temple. This

      Temple History is,

      Achuthagapanar bathed in the three tanks, worshipped Thiruvengadar and
      he was blessed with a child. This child came to be known as Meikandar
      and became the chief of Santhana kuravars .

      Vedarasi, a brahmin had placed his bundle of food in the hollow of a
      tree. A snake residing in the hollow spewed poison on the food. Unaware
      of this, Vedarasi gave this food to a vedic priest, who died of the
      poison. This brahmin was absolved of his BraBrahmahathi Dhosham by
      worshipping Lord Siva of Thiruvengadu.

      I want to know about this pathigam With Tamil meaning, pls help me.

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local