Re: German immersion charter school

  • Paula Hanssen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008

      On May 22, 2008, at 10:26 PM, Paula Hanssen wrote:

      Dear Parents / Supporters of a German School:
      You're invited to an informational meeting at Webster University in the
      Presentation Room at the University Center - 18 June, 4.00 - 6.00! Please come, even just for part of the meeting.
      Rhonda Broussard will be there to talk about the plans for the school(s) and what we can do to help. See her message below and the informational brochure and questionnaire to fill out at the bottom of this message. I look forward to meeting you!

      Here a map of the campus, located off Big Bend Rd. in Webster Groves. We will be in building 15, the University Center, which is part of our recreational complex on Edgar Rd. You may park behind the building.

      Bis dann
      Paula Hanssen, Asst. Professor
      International Languages and Cultures

      from Rhonda:
      I've met most of you within the past year and spoken about the ambitious idea of opening a French immersion elementary school.  As most of you know these informal conversations have led to the creation of St. Louis Language Immersion Schools, a local nonprofit organization that will open a network of language immersion charter schools in the City of St. Louis.  In 2009 we will open our first schools in the network: French and German.  This summer we are starting  a German School Project Group to support the future development and community outreach for the German School.  Attached please find the  informational questionnaire for the German school and the  Frequently Asked Questions about our school model.

      Please take a couple of minutes to respond to this survey and/or pass it along to your friends, colleagues and neighbors who may be interested in the idea.  Paula Hanssen, professor of German at Webster University is coordinating the German School Project Group, so feel free to respond to either of us with your questions, concerns and brilliant ideas.

      Danke shen,
      Rhonda

      --
      Rhonda BROUSSARD
      Founder, La Crèche

      Looking for bilingual children's products? Visit Language Lizard for bilingual books, posters and cds in many hard-to-find languages. http://www.languagelizard.com/?Click=1021<SLLIS Brochure.pdf><German questionnaire.doc>