665Re: Gastfamilie fuer Congress-Bundestag Youth Exch. Student at Webster U.

  • Paula Hanssen
    Oct 18, 2013
      Liebe Deutsche Gruppe! I've received your email and plan to join any Stammtisch efforts in spring - I'm pretty busy now but would enjoy the company.

      Right now I'm looking for a housing opportunity for a student from Germany who we are hosting at Webster University. Andreas Fuchs has come here with a program that organizes a host family, a place to study, and an internship for a one year stay,
      called the Congress Bundestag Youth exchange. He's 21 and studying Computer Science, is a quiet kid who loves meeting people and playing computer games.

      The host family has 3 small children and only agreed to take Andreas till Thanksgiving, so I'm running out of time to find a family and wonder if you know of anyone who might be able to have a substitute son for 6 months. He will buy a car soon so he'll have transportation to his internship in Spring, and his classes this Nov./December. He will also provide a small stipend to the family that hosts. He could help kids with their German and be otherwise helpful I'm sure.

      Thanks for any leads!!!!

      "The borders of my language are the borders of my world" - Ludwig Wittgenstein

      Paula Hanssen, Assoc. Prof.
      International Languages and Cultures
      Webster University
      Sec/Treasurer, International Brecht Society
      470 E. Lockwood
      St. Louis, MO   63119
      314 968 7054
      fax 314-963-6926

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 1:30 PM, <tobiaslicker1@...> <tobiaslicker1@...> wrote:

      ok, hier ist der link:

       http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/art-connects-german-and-st-louis-history

      ---In deutschegruppestl@yahoogroups.com, <deutschegruppestl@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Falls jedmand Interesse hat, on NPR was ein Interessantes interview mit zweit deutschen Kuenstlern die eine Ausstellung im St. Louis Art museum haben. War ziemlich interressant.
      Hier der Link zum anhoeren auf NPR

      Tobias

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic