Re: Salutations!

  • kaylar_21921
    Message 1 of 1289 , Jan 31, 2001
      Yes, I would be interested. Although, this whole concept of determinism is new to me, I would be interested in the exchange of ideas.
    • ken_batts <ken@kenbatts.com>
      Message 1289 of 1289 , Feb 10, 2003
        --- In determinism@yahoogroups.com, "justtrying2beme2002 <
        JustTrying2BeMe@a...>" <JustTrying2BeMe@a...> wrote:

        An important function of determinism in therapy is to help the therapist
        understand the client. As a determinist, you probably feel that your belief
        helps you understand yourself and the rest of the world. It's questionable, as
        in some of your quotes, to assume that our students are essentially different,
        that they can't handle the truth, that their illusion of choice is healthy and
        necessary to recovery. Once they begin to understand that their problems
        don't stem from their free choices, they'll feel better and be better able to look
        for the real reasons.

        Ken