Re: weather

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
      Look out. They bad. http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2634.htm

      On May 22, NOAA boasted of being able to provide a very active hurricane season. I like their
      spunk.
      I've gone on record repeatedly predicting the opposite for this year.

      Anyway, wunderground has now downgraded Carlotta to a storm.

      C'mon, NOAA! Is that the best you can do?

      When does this alleged season start?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2006
        Well, Carlotta was rated at 60mph last night, and now in the wee hours they are saying
        50mph.

        Very, very disappointing, NOAA.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
          Clyde! Are you in any way accountable for this? It's mid-morning and
          i'm swamped. And here is what wunderground forecasts:

          Today
          Windy. Scattered thunderstorms in the morning. Rain during the day.
          Sleet in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall
          in the morning. The rain may be heavy at times. Highs around 60.
          Temperatures falling into the upper 30s in the afternoon. Southeast
          winds 20 to 25 mph in the morning...becoming north and...decreasing to
          15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation near 100
          percent. Average rainfall 2 to 3 inches.
          ยป ZIP Code Detail
          nt_snow
          Tonight
          Windy. Occasional rain and snow in the evening...then snow likely
          after midnight. Snow accumulations of 2 to 3 inches. Lows in the lower
          20s. North winds 20 to 25 mph in the evening... becoming northwest
          and...decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. The chance of
          precipitation 90 percent.
          chancesnow
          Tuesday
          Partly sunny. Much colder. A chance of snow in the morning. Highs in
          the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the
          morning...decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. The chance of
          precipitation 40 percent in the morning.
        • C C