RE: Arrrrgh! Yahoo has "upgraded" their Groups web format again!

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2013
      Really sucks. I just get error msgs if i try to edit the blurb. There are other technical malfunctions. I am considering switching this forum to another board. Anyone know of a good one? I would have to link back to this one for historical purposes. I wonder how many other forums are jumping ship. --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, <dogwood57@...> wrote: Total garbage. They've been switching back & forth between formats lately. "If it ain't broke, fix it!" --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com , < sittingtaoist@... > wrote: Yahoo has not completely rolled out this crap yet - it is being rolled out on a "by user" basis. Which means some of us are seeing the new interface for all of our groups, while others are still seeing the old interface.

      Already lots of user complaints here:
      http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451
    • sittingtaoist
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2013
        There is a Firefox plugin that restores the normal YahooGroups layout. You can install it by following the steps (links) in this manual:

        http://www.modplugin.org/First-time_Installation

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2013
          Thanks! Seems to work for me.
          BTW i also noticed that in the screwy new format, i am not identified as loohon but by my hotmail address... weird.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 15, 2013

             I see loohan not ur email at all my question is where are the folders for data and pictures ect?

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 16, 2013

               Yes it's like trying to hack an operating system that you have no instructions that came with operating systems.

              Just a joy hammering the links all over the web page.

              only wish I could gift the programmer's manager that made this possible.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 17, 2013
                The plugin is working fine for me in Ubuntu so far.
              • sittingtaoist
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
                  This plugin is for the Firefox browser only.

                  Works fine for me in both Ubuntu and Windows7.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 22, 2013

                    After a routine Ubuntu update, the plugin quit working and disappeared from plugin menu. I reinstalled it, but after re-starting, it disappeared again.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 24, 2013

                      This plugin does not work anymore.

                      http://wiki.modplugin.org/Main_Page