Re: About Agnihtora Ash

  • sittingtaoist
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
      The poop MUST be from grass fed cows.

      Mine burns completely to ash, and I do not need to apply a lot of ghee.

      I buy the dried poop here:
      http://www.homatherapie.de/index-eng.htm

      --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "anita grayson" <terra13@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I am new to this list and am enjoying the reading. Quite
      interesting. I had a person send
      > me an inquiry about the ash ceremony and I am unable to answer her.
      I know any of
      > you here could answer her questions. She does own a cow I know.
      >
      > Anita
      >
      > G'day Anita,
      >
      > I'm just wondering whether the cow dung you use is what you've
      dried yourself. The reason I'm asking is that I've dried dung from
      our own cows, but I'll be darned if I can get the dung to burn right
      away to pure ash, which I'm told is what it has to do to be real
      agnihotra. Well, I can get it to burn right away but I have to
      plaster both sides with ghee and I find the ash then seems to be
      somewhat greasy.

      > If I don't plaster it with ghee, I end up with small lumps of
      unburnt dung.

      > Does the dung need to be 'aged' before using - I've used dung that
      has dried in a week or so, perhaps it needs to be older???