Re: Smart Meters

    Message 1 of 17 , May 17, 2012
      First i've heard of them.
      Like, a freeware pgm? i go to the meter with my laptop?

      --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "theemfdetective" <theemfdetective@...> wrote:

      > Try using a wifi sniffer to see how frequently it sends/receives. Might be an eye opener. Was to us.
      >
      > Peace. Love. Etc.

      > > I recently got a new small cabin built next to the power line, and got on the grid. (Quasi-inheritance.)
      > > When the engineer came out last fall, he said the co. was planning to eventually get smart meters in a few years "but by then they'll have all the bugs worked out".
      > > Well, a few days ago the meter reader came by for some reason, but said he will no longer be reading the meter because i "got a new one" they replaced the old ones with, and they can read it from the office.
      > > Here's a pic:
      > > http://loohan.com/electric_meter.jpg
      > > If i look at a pic of a smart meter, i feel a nasty, jazzy energy. But not this thing. I even held a trifield meter near it and got only negligible readings.
      > > It may be that it only sends a pulse once a month?
      > > The only neg energy i feel off this is the grays reacting against my grid-blasting.

    • theemfdetective
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2, 2012
        Sorry it took me a while to get back here. It's this keychain size thing that I got at Radio Shack for about $20. I didn't use the right name for it. Search for wifi detector, wifi hot spot finder. They sell some at ebay for less than $10 sometimes.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 8, 2012
          Probably a good trinket for electrosensitive people to invest in.

          OK, i just got one of these cheap on eBay:
          http://www.iogear.com/product/GWF001/
          and went out and tried it a couple times. Says no wi-fi signal. I'll bring it to work tomorrow to make sure the thing works, but i suspect this meter only puts out a signal maybe once a month to report home.