Rules

  • sittingtaoist
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Loohan, I have confidence that you will not moderate this forum
      according to any set of RULES, but use your own discrimination.

      In this you will be treading the middle path between severity and
      mercy. We have seen a good example of each extreme: In the forums
      controlled by DC, anyone who dares to differ in opinion from Don, is
      booted at once.

      In the CB forum, Walt is free to drown out the valuable postings and
      provoke experienced activists to fight over trifles, because there is
      no RULE against incessant posting of newage drivel.
    • John Morrison
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        > Loohan, I have confidence that you will not moderate this forum
        > according to any set of RULES, but use your own discrimination.
        >
        > In the CB forum, Walt is free to drown out the valuable postings and
        > provoke experienced activists to fight over trifles, because there is
        > no RULE against incessant posting of newage drivel.

        NO one actually said anything to the moderator of CB forum about Walt until
        very recently. Walt has now left, strangely enough after an E-mail from me
        hmmm.
        Activists will fight over trifles anyway no one makes them, or are they
        pyjama people. :-)

        BTW Rules are good as they show people where their boundaries are and stop
        them getting upset if you have to moderate them. I'm sure Loohon will make
        good decisions here! But the "Code of Conduct" I'm building up should allow
        people plenty of room BUT still stop the silly bun fights.
        It's really just common sense. :-)

        John
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          My control-freakism will probably manifest mainly in keeping a tight
          firewall against DOR-mongers. I can easily tell if applicants are into
          BM, or if they are working for someone who is.

          Also, i have clearly stated the purpose of this forum on the homepage.
          This forum has a narrow focus. Anyone veering too far off will be
          forced to do 100 pushups.

          However, i don't want any members to feel inhibited against debating
          me or disagreeing with me.
          Hopefully, without agents or new-agers, we won't get caught up in
          endless dumb bickering.

          --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "sittingtaoist"

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
            Walt's a good guy, but i think he was on the wrong forum for his
            subject matter and interests.

            The main rule here is to please try to stay somewhat on the subject of
            what this forum is for. There are lots of other forums with broader focii.

            --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "John Morrison" <jmorrison@...>