Bitcoins

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
      http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/new-decentralized-currency-stimulating.html

      I only recently found out about these. I am interested in doing this, and accepting donations by bitcoin.

      Only problem is, the software exe will not install anything. I tried 2 different downloads and various other hacking manoeuvres with no luck, and there seems to be no tech support.
    • raymond_borowiak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
        Hey,

        Here at the civic center on my laptop using their free WiFi, I downloaded bitcoin, from http://www.bitcoin.org clicked run, up popped my firewall, then a bitcoin window over the top of the firewall window so I minimized bitcoin, and clicked accept bitcoin to run over the internet.

        Now the bitcoin window went bye bye, using task man I found it running in the background but I still can't find the window.

        to cut this short I found a tech support forum site at http://forum.bitcoin.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2011
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvnUfHKczg&NR=1

          is a youtube video that you don't need any software. The software gives you the ability to mine BTC which is tough unless you use sum high power desktop.

          If you want to just sell products for BTC then watch that youtube video.

          Back in May 1BTC cost about $6 now it's up to about $20 for 1BTC

          later
          ray

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2011
            Thanks. Sometime maybe i'll have time to watch a 1-hr "brief tutorial".
            Meanwhile
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/08/us-financial-bitcoins-idUSTRE7573T320110608
            I got that off a thread at STA:
            http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/forum/index.php?id=250333

            I finally did manage to install that software. But i still don't comprehend the bitcoin concept. It seems it will take hours of serious study to grasp the concept. I am more literate and have a higher IQ than the average American (which is not saying much). If they don't make this more easy to enter, i don't see it becoming immediately popular with the great unwashed masses.
            Well, but then there is the dope incentive...

            --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "raymond_borowiak" <ray_psi@...> wrote:

            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvnUfHKczg&NR=1
            >
            > is a youtube video that you don't need any software. The software gives you the ability to mine BTC which is tough unless you use sum high power desktop.
            >
            > If you want to just sell products for BTC then watch that youtube video.
            >
            > Back in May 1BTC cost about $6 now it's up to about $20 for 1BTC
            >
            > later
            > ray

            > > http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/new-decentralized-currency-stimulating.html
            > >
            > > I only recently found out about these. I am interested in doing this, and accepting donations by bitcoin.
            > >
            > > Only problem is, the software exe will not install anything. I tried 2 different downloads and various other hacking manoeuvres with no luck, and there seems to be no tech support.

          • Bruce Hull
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2011
              Hi Loohon, here is a website that has podcasts on numerous topics especially health. I listen to them all the time and listened to one podcast that explained the bitcoin and how it worked. at the time of the podcast in december I believe the bitcoin was worth .25 . here is the link to the website: http://oneradionetwork.com/?s=bitcoin the podcast is the last one at the bottom of the page. you would have to sign up for a membership but it is free.

              Bruce