Radiation level

  • sittingtaoist
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
      Bought a Zapchecker years ago, when it was very popular on Stuart's forum, so I have been able to monitor the radiation level from cell towers etc. for that long.

      When I first measured the EMF in my house, it peaked at 40dB (logarithmic scale, max sensitivity), the main source being the nearest cell phone tower 400 feet away.

      The Zapchecker is somewhat directional, and indicates that most of the radiation comes from that direction.

      Recently, a set of 3G antennas were added, but before they went up, I measured the radiation level in my house to peak at 60dB, and from the same direction. No antennas added to the tower between these two measurements.

      Makes one go hmmmm....

      Has anyone experienced something similar?
    • James
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
        --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "sittingtaoist" <sittingtaoist@...> wrote:

        > Bought a Zapchecker years ago, when it was very popular on Stuart's forum, so I have been able to monitor the radiation level from cell towers etc. for that long.
        >
        > When I first measured the EMF in my house, it peaked at 40dB (logarithmic scale, max sensitivity), the main source being the nearest cell phone tower 400 feet away.

        > Makes one go hmmmm....

        > Has anyone experienced something similar?

        I used a zapchecker a lot back in 04 but it got zapped :)
        In fact I used it up in Hot Springs Village and got lambasted for
        revealing my readings on Stu's forum

        Clyde
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2010
          Could the increase be simply due to something as banal as increased phone usage?
          Not that they're not out to get you.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
            I dont think so, because the cell phone system (GMS) employs digital, packet-switched mode, so the power output may be constant, notwithstanding increased phone usage. However, I am not sure about this.

            And a power increase of 20 dB means a 100 times increase!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2010
              That thing is entirely too close to you.
              Maybe you should have some elegant wire mesh or something plastered on the walls.