Re: MMS

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
      OK, maybe i missed it, but how does it get rid of metals?
      I grasp the rationale behind how it would kill pathogens.
    • kirsch586
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
        Oxidizers like Oxygen and Chlorine burn up pathogens but they can also
        be damaging to healthy cells too. If I am correct they would have zero
        effect on heavy metals.

        Thiols capture elemental mercury
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiol

        This webpage claims the amino acid cyteine (a thiol) will capture
        mercury, cadmium and lead.
        http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/N-acetyl-cysteine%20(NAC)-for-detoxification-what-it-is.htm

        > OK, maybe i missed it, but how does it get rid of metals?
        > I grasp the rationale behind how it would kill pathogens.

      • C C
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
          "loohon"

          OK, maybe i missed it, but how does it get rid of metals?
          I grasp the rationale behind how it would kill pathogens.

          the metals and other non-living acidic will have 5 electrons ripped off
          their outer shells ---- interesting enuff in almost 100 years there
          has no aerobic cells been damaged
          ( by the doseages described )

          Clyde
        • C C
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
            "kirsch586" <kishst@...> wrote:

            Oxidizers like Oxygen and Chlorine burn up pathogens but they can also
            be damaging to healthy cells too. If I am correct they would have zero
            effect on heavy metals.

            The oxidation process is way different
            the proof is in the extraction of metals already seen by the process
            and wikipedia has a tremendous amount of disinfo in it , just to point
            that out :)
            CC

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 16, 2007
              So heavy metals in tissues are in a an acidic form? I usually think of
              metals as being alkaline if anything.

              --- In destroy_evil@yahoogroups.com, "C C" <ccrispy2@...> wrote:

              > "loohon"
              >
              > OK, maybe i missed it, but how does it get rid of metals?
              > I grasp the rationale behind how it would kill pathogens.
              >
              > the metals and other non-living acidic will have 5 electrons ripped off
              > their outer shells ---- interesting enuff in almost 100 years there
              > has no aerobic cells been damaged
              > ( by the doseages described )
              >
              > Clyde

            • kirsch586
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 17, 2007
                True acids are defined as having a hydrogen ion so I was surprised to
                see the metal salt Mercuric Chloride actually has an acidic pH: 3.2
                (0.2 M solution)

                Even though it may be acidic, I would not expect a chemical reaction
                if you mix it with a base. I would also not expect there to be a
                reaction with MMS. Mercuric Chloride is already reacted with chlorine
                so it's already oxidized. I'd have to go back and look at
                electronegativities again to be sure but I don't think Oxygen or some
                Oxygen/Chlorine complex can "steal" the Mercury from the chlorine
                atom. Even if it did the end product would still be toxic.