collaborative methodology discussion

  • Victoria Heilweil
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 9:31 AM
      As you know our next Design Collaborative meeting will be a discussion of collaboration
      and collaborative methodology. I have put together an initial list of question for
      consideration to start off the discussion. If you have other questions you would like to
      add to the list, please either email them to the group, or directly to me by Friday, April
      21st. Our next meeting is Friday, April 28th.

      Questions (in no particular order...):

      1. What is the difference between a collaborative project and a group project?

      2. What are the biggest benefits to using collaboration in the classroom?

      3. What is an example of a collaborative project?

      4. What is collaboration?

      5. What teaching techniques have you found to be successful in a collaborative class?

      6. What learning outcomes for students are unique to collaboration? (If you feel there are
      any).

      7. What helps to foster collaborative skills for students?

      8. What collaborative skills do you feel are important for a student to leave your class
      with?

      Have a great week off!

      Victoria
    • Steven Raskin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 9:58 AM
        Re: [design_collaborative] collaborative methodology discu
        Victoria -

        I'm not in the group and don't expect to be at the meeting, but it occurs to me that you might want to look at the differences(?) between collaborative teaching and collaborative learning. How does one best serve the other? Where do the expectations converge and where do they diverge?

        Steve

        At 4:31 PM +0000 4/6/2006, Victoria Heilweil wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Jerry Lum
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 3:24 PM
          Hi Everyone.

          Bob Gabriner lent us a book related to this topic of interest:

          Barkeley, Elizabeth F., K. Patricia Cross, and Claire Howell Major. Collaborative Learning Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2005. ISBN 0-7879-5518-3

          Jerry

          >>> sraskin@... 04/06/06 9:58 AM >>>