Come join the DZL for Summertime Fun - Movies! Books! Bowling!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2008

      Hi Friends!

      Come join the Denver Zine Library for fun summer events! Hope to see you and pass on the fun to all your pals. Also, check out some info on other events around the country and a great local used book & comics store in Denver !

      xo,

      The Denver Zine Library

      EVENTS

      DENVER ZINE LIBRARY MOVIE NIGHT
      Thursday, July 31 at 7:00pm
      The Other Side Arts main gallery
      $5-10 suggested donation

      Come to Denver Zine Library's Movie Night for fun and excitement! What's
      playing? That's a surprise, but we assure you that you will be SHOCKED and
      AMAZED! Thrills, chills, artisticness, laughs, mystery and other stuff
      will be presented for your enjoyment. Do you want to miss it? You most
      definitely do not. Two features for the length of one. No one under the
      age of 5 admitted without parent or guardian. For more information contact
      brian at
      printhead@...

      DENVER ZINE LIBRARY BOOKSALE
      Friday, August 1 from 6:00-10:00pm
      Denver Zine Library

      How much would you be willing to pay for a wonderful book that might
      change your life? $50 skidillion, you say? Well, allow us to bring you the
      good word, friend: the Denver Zine Library has amazing books that might
      change your life, and we're selling them at our fundraising booksale for
      as low as $0.50 a pop! It goes on during the First Friday art opening of
      the new show at The Other Side Arts. Quit reading the Internet for a
      while, and get yourself some good old fashioned books-on-paper. For more
      information contact Brian at
      printhead@...

      BOWLING FUNDRAISER
      Saturday, August 9 from 11:00am-2:00pm
      Elitch Lanes ( 3825 Tennyson Street , Denver 80212 )
      $10 gets your a pair of shoes and 2 games!

      When you get to Elitch's, just let them know you are here for the Denver Zine Library :)

      What could be better than bowling with your pals? Come have fun and help fundraise for your favorite zine library. For more information contact Anna at a.inazu@...

      SAVE THE DATE

      · September—Zine Reading

      · October—2009 DZL CalendarRelease and Silent Auction

      · December—The DZL's 5 YearAnniversary Party!

      NOW ON SALE at the DENVER ZINE LIBRARY

      · Tote Bags—$5-10 slidingscale

      · Zinester's Guide to Denver—$3

      · 2008 DZL Calendar—$2-5 slidingscale

      And don't forget to check out this awesome new bookstore in Denver :

      OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS & NEWS

      Kilgore Books & Comics

      Check out this awesome newly opened used book and comic store in Denver .

      624 E. 13th Ave in the Cap Hill neighborhood of Denver .

      We're open seven days a week from 10:30-7:30.

      http://www.kilgorebooks.com/

      Also, check out a review written of John Porcellino's new book and release party at Wax Trax and Kilgore by local zinester and writer Zack Kopp.

      http://milehive.com/index.php? option=com_content&task=view& id=1195

      For more on John's Book and other publications:

      www.king-cat.net

      BostonZine Fair 2008
      ( info from www.myspace.com/papercutzinelibrary)

      Spring came and went without hardly a word, but folks who may have noted thefailure of a 2008 Boston Zine Fair to appear can take heart!!! After many yearsof dedicated getting-it-done, Janaka Stucky and Black Ocean press have passedthe organizing reins onto us, a group of folks from the Papercut Zine libraryand the Boston Comics Roundtable. With Janaka's material and spiritual supportand the continuing! awesome! sponsorship of Black Ocean , we are currentlystumbling through getting it together.

      What we have right now is:

      BOSTON ZINE FAIR 2008!!!
      Sept 20-21,
      Art Institute of Boston ,
      601 Newbury Street in Kenmore Square .

      Hopefully with plenty of brilliant zines and awesome zine-style wares availablefrom a diverse array of totally charming + rad vendors.
      Hopefully also with great food, music, workshops maybe an art show. Every goodthing we can fit in there is the idea.

      SPEAKING OF WHICH, REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!! Finally.

      This year we are doing things a new way.
      Folks can reserve full tables or half-tables for Sat. or Sun. or both days atvery reasonable rates.

      Full table/2 days-$17
      Full table/1day-$ 10
      half table/2 days-$8.50
      half table/1 day-$5

      THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SEPT. 1!

      How to register:

      Our website (
      http://www.bostonzinefair.org/) is not up andrunning in an up to date manner as of yet. Hopefully current zine fair info + registrationforms will be avaiable there in a week or so, In the mean time, you can securea table via the www.paypal.comor by mail.

      Send payments to bostonzinefair@
      yahoo.com.

      or mail them to:

      Attn: BZF
      Papercut Zine Library
      45 Mt. Auburn St.
      Cambridge , MA . 02138

      CHECKS to BOSTON ZINE FAIR

      ALSO Include the following info with your payment:

      *Your name + phone + e-mail

      *what days you are reserving

      *distro/zine/ project/org/ etc name for identifying your table as

      *Brief description of what merch you are peddling

      *Are you interested in doing a workshop, do you have workshop ideas?

      *Are you going to need a place to stay?

      * anything else we might need to know

      PLEASE INCLUDE THAT INFO IN THE COMMENTS FIELD IF YOU ARE REGISTERING VIA PAYPAL or just jot it all on a piece of paper if you are mailing it in.

      THANK YOU

      8th Annual Portland Zine Symposium

      The 8th Annual Portland ZineSymposium will be on AUGUST 23rd & 24th, 2008 in Portland , Oregon atPortland State University in the SmithMemorial Ballroom.

      This year's theme is:

      Back to DIY
      Back to Community
      Back to Roots

      Our website is constantly beingupdated with latest information. We should have posters and fliers soon if youwould like to distribute some for us, let us know!

      Please e-mail any questions to pdxzines@...

      To get all the latest Portland ZineSymposium information, join our new google group!http://groups.google.com/group/portlandzinesymposium

      DZL Open Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 1-5 or by appointment

      Location: 1644 Platte Street , Studio 107, Denver 80202 (the first door when you go in the alley on the right side of the building).

      Mailing Address: PO Box 13826 , Denver CO 80201

      Website: www.denverzinelibrary.org

      E-mail: denverzinelibrary@...