DZL Book Sale, Louis Vuitton Night & Denver Zine Fest!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 8:20 PM
      Hey Denver!

      Remember when we asked you for your books? Well, it's time to come on
      out and take a look at what you gave us.

      The Denver Zine Library is having a Book Sale fundraiser!
      Saturday, May 3rd
      1:00 - 5:00 pm
      at the Denver Zine Library
      1644 Platte Street in the alley

      You can still bring us book donations the day of the sale, but come on
      out get some good reads. And bring a friend or two!

      Paperbacks: $1 and Hardbacks: $2

      We'll also be selling zine doubles and the library will be open so you
      can peruse our fabulous collection.

      If you have any questions, please contact Brian at printhead@....

      Another great way to support the zine library and some amazing Denver
      performers and artists:

      Louis Vuitton Night
      Saturday May 3rd
      9:30pm at the Mercury Cafe (2199 California St., Denver 80205)
      $3 optional donation for the Denver Zine Library

      Fashion Theme: JURASSIC PARK (enough said)

      As usual, we have a wild slew of amazing bands and stunning acts but
      to lubricate your whistle here's a few of the highlights: Tom Murphy
      presents the Surprise Headlining Band, Royal Rush Dance Troupe
      performing Janet Jackson, Susan Susan, Israel-San's DIY Shibari,
      Sparrow of Cirkus Dorkus, Bellydancing by Khalijah, Frieda's Violin
      Modern, Dr. Meg presents cutting edge research on the Chaos Theory,
      Druglas' Fast and Fucking Furious Performance Art, Denver Community
      Group Ditties and much much more!

      AND...as if you could forget...

      The 3rd Annual Denver Zine Fest is fast approaching!
      Saturday, May 31st
      First Unitarian Church
      14th & Lafayette in Capitol Hill

      Zines! Vendors! Workshops!
      for more information, to see a list of who you can expect to see
      there, or to sign yourself up for a table, check out:
      www.denverzinefest.com or http://www.myspace.com/denverzinefest2007.

      Also, here's a sneak peak at the workshops you can expect. The full
      description and schedule will be posted soon enough on the website.
      But until then...

      - Hi, how are you? (How to do an Interview) with Megan Quinn
      - let's play comix! with Galen Shoe
      - The Emotional Life Cycle of a Zine with Shannon and A. Crewe
      - Counterclockwise with Zack Kopp
      - The Free Boutique's Fashion in Making with Adam & Kate
      - Drawing Faces with Amy Reeder Hadley

      as well as demos on screenprinting throughout the day.

      Come join us for all the fun and spread the word!!

      Denver Zine Library
      Physical Address: inside The Other Side Arts at 1644 Platte Street
      Mailing Address: PO Box 13826, Denver, CO 80201
      Open Saturdays and Sundays 1-5 pm