Join in on the fun with the Denver Zine Library!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2007
      Events & Fundraisers you won't wanna miss!

      ** Zine Reading & Potluck – This Thursday, September 13th at The Other
      Side Arts **

      Hey friends of the Denver Zine Library!

      Yup, it's that time again. Another zine reading for your reading and
      listening pleasure!

      Zine Reading with special feature: Shannon Perez-Darby of From Here to
      There and Back Again
      At The Other Side Arts, 1644 Platte Street
      Thursday, September 13, 2007, 6:30pm

      This event is one of two fundraisers for the month in order to raise
      enough money for October rent. It's also going to be a potluck, so
      bring lots of money and food to share!

      You should also bring your zines if you're interested in reading
      (please contact Kelly at shortandqueer@... if you'd like to read).

      Love,
      The Denver Zine Librarians

      p.s. please spread the word…

      ** Movie Night with the Denver Zine Library – Thursday, September 27th
      at The Other Side Arts **

      Come hang out with your favorite librarians and watch music videos
      from local Denver bands. We'll project the movie on a screen and set
      up some chairs in the main gallery space.

      This is the second of two fundraisers this month, so please stop on by
      and join in on the fun. Support zines and local musicians!

      ** 2008 Calendar Release & Silent Auction Event & Fundraiser -
      Tuesday, October 16th! **

      It's that time of year again and it's gonna be so fabulous! Remember
      how hott the calendar was last year? Well, 2008 is about to get even
      better with a brand new calendar featuring Denver zinesters and artists!

      Join the Denver Zine Library for the 2008 Calendar Release and Silent
      Auction!

      This year's event will be hosted:

      Tuesday, October 16th, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
      Capsule Gallery and Event Center
      554 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO

      Come support your favorite zine library and join us for a night of fun!

      We will be releasing and selling 2008 calendars as well as holding a
      silent auction with items from local zinesters, artists, businesses
      and other folks in the community. The night will also consist of
      performances by local musicians and zinesters.

      If you have a service/skill, piece of art, gift certificate, etc. that
      you would like to donate, please contact us at:
      denverzinelibrary@... with Silent Auction in the Subject and
      we'll get back to you.

      Last year, some of our items included things like: gift certificates
      to local restaurants, home brewed beer, art from local artists, a
      garden plot, photography, zines, massages and other amazing items.

      Other Updates & Information

      ** An update from our friend Jamez/Vermicious Knid **

      Hello friends!

      We have arrived in Maine and are slowly settling into our new house.
      For anyone who might want to mail us things, or to plan a visit, the
      new address is:

      542 Ridge Rd
      Chesterville ME 04938

      Take care,
      Jamez / VK

      The Denver Zine Library is a volunteer-run lending library located at
      1644 Platte Street, Studio 103 (inside The Other Side Arts)

      Open Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm or by appointment

      Drop off donations to the Denver Zine Library during open hours or
      send to:

      Denver Zine Library
      PO Box 13826
      Denver, CO 80201

      www.denverzinelibrary.org
      denverzinelibrary@...

      Interested in Volunteering? Get in contact with us!

      Read zines, write zines, support your community!