So many fabulous thins you won't want to miss!!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2007
      Greetings from your friends at the Denver Zine Library!

      Hope your summer is full of fun, creativity and lots of good zine
      goodness! We have a bunch of fun things coming up and we'd love for
      you to join in the fun.

      ** Fundraiser BBQ - Sunday, August 26th - 3:00 pm **

      Yes, it's that time again. We want to ask you for financial donations
      for this awesome community resource. Right now, we're trying to raise
      $480 to pay rent through October. Just think, if 48 of you donated
      just $10, we'd reach our goal in no time.

      The Fundraiser BBQ will be $5 at the door and there will be food on
      sale (to make back the money we spent on the food in the first place).

      Sunday, August 26, 3:00PM
      Kelly and Dylan's Apartment
      1225 Clarkson St #3 (around back), Denver, CO 80218

      The BBQ starts at 3pm and will go all afternoon. Feel free to spend
      the day with us or just stop by. And please tell your friends to come
      and support the Denver Zine Library.

      For more information about the Denver Zine Library, check out
      denverzinelibrary.org

      Help us put the fun in FUNdraiser!

      Call Kelly at 303-861-0246 with any questions or if you need directions.

      If you can't make the bbq, but would like to support the library, feel
      free to donate. Donations can be sent to:

      Denver Zine Library
      PO Box 13826
      Denver, CO 80201

      ** Zine Reading & potluck - Thursday, September 13th - 6:30pm **

      Nothing better than a good old fashioned zine reading. Stop by and
      hear your favorite Denver zinesters read from their zines! AND come
      visit with Shannon, who recently moved to Seattle and hear her read as
      our featured reader! Yay!

      The reading will be at the Zine Library (1644 Platte St., Studio 103)
      at 6:30 pm. It's a potluck, so bring a dish to share if you can.

      If you're interested in reading, contact Kelly at shortandqueer@....

      ** Movie Night - Thursday, September 27th **

      More details to come on this one, but stay tuned for a peak at some
      awesome video footage from Denver bands!

      ** 2008 Denver Zine Library Calendar Release & Silent Auction **

      Remember how great last year's calendar party and silent auction was?
      Well, this year is guaranteed to be even more fun, if that's even
      possible.

      Please look out for details on how you can contribute to this year's
      calendar and for the specifics on the release party & silent auction!

      ** Portland Zine Symposium **

      A couple of Denver zinesters traveled to Portland and had a fabulous
      time at this year's Symposium. So many good people, good zines, and
      fun! Thanks Portland!

      ** Other news in the community **

      - CONCEIT MAGAZINE is sponsoring a poetry contest.
      DEADLINE: November 30, 2007
      With the discretion of the editor, ALL entries will be published in a
      special CONCEIT MAGAZINE subsidiary issue entitled CONSERVATIVE BLUES
      to be published and mailed out to the participants and subscribers by
      December 31, 2007.
      The winners will be determined by the CONCEIT MAGAZINE subscribers and
      the contest participants. Each SUBSCRIBER/PARTICIPANT is to vote for
      two writers. (Two votes per person)
      READING FEE: $1.00 per poem entered - UNLIMITED ENTRIES
      Unpublished, simultaneous and previously published entries accepted.
      VOTING DEADLINE: January 31, 2008
      WINNERS ANNOUNCED AND PRIZES AWARDED by February 28, 2008
      $50.00 First Prize
      $30.00 Second Prize
      $20.00 Third Prize
      E-mail entries to: conceitmagazine@...
      And Snail Mail reading fees to:
      Perry Terrell, Editor
      CM Contest
      P. O. Box 8544
      Emeryville, CA 94662
      (Entries can be e-mailed or snail mailed)
      (Cash, check or money order - Make payable to PERRY TERRELL)

      - Call for Writers!
      Call for comedy or murder/mystery themed short stories ( less then
      6000 words but more the 2000 Words ). This call for writers is being
      put out by American Fiction the sister publication to
      http://www.artsource-newsletter.org

      The Ezine will have a different theme very month , writers resources,
      writers directory, chatroom, and music jukebox. Please visit the sit
      www.americanfiction.org If your story is picked you will be included
      in the writers directory and the story will be published online. The
      authors of the published stories will have an opportunity to be
      included in the ezines hardcopy annual.

      Please send all submission to info@....
      Post Script: we are currently looking for writers in the comedy genre.
      Priority will be given to writers in that genre. Thank You American
      Fiction Staff
      Thank You and Goodluck
      www.cyberpublishing.org

      The Denver Zine Library is a volunteer-run lending library located at
      1644 Platte Street, Studio 103 (inside The Other Side Arts)

      Open Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm or by appointment

      Drop off donations to the Denver Zine Library during open hours or
      send to:

      Denver Zine Library
      PO Box 13826
      Denver, CO 80201

      www.denverzinelibrary.org
      denverzinelibrary@...

      Interested in Volunteering? Get in contact with us!

      Read zines, write zines, support your community!