August Newsletter from the Denver Zine Library!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 9:19 PM
      Hi everyone!
      Hope you are having an amazing summer! Here's the latest and greatest from your favorite library.

      Events
      ·        August:
      o       3rd: Come visit the zine library at Capsule Gallery & Event Center from 6 pm – 10 pm. Capsule will be hosting "One Night Stand", an open show for artists to enter with Dr. Sketchy's and life drawing. The DZL will be tabling, so come check out our goodies. Capsule is located at: 554 & 560 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO 80204
      o       4th: Support local zine publisher and artist, Patrick Porter! Patrick Porter will be 1/3 of an art show at MUTINY NOW (2. S. Broadway Denver CO 303 778 7579) this Saturday, Opening Schmoozebucket 'meet thy artists' 1-3 PM.  I will be showing (showin') 15 NEW (!!!!!!!! in BUBBLE LETTERS) canvasses filled with oil acrylic ink giddy mayonnaise, pathos, bathos, bathtubs, omni omni, belles of the ball and old goat bales of hay.
      o       11th: King-Cat Zine & Music Extravaganza! Featuring musical performances by Rachel Pollard, Arthur Biggs, Jason Heller, Patrick Porter and Felt Pilotes, plus: local zine publishers selling their wares! 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm sharp at Wax Trax Records (638 E. 13th Ave., Denver). This event is free and open to all ages! For more info, check out www.kind-cat.net.
      o       26th: DZL Fundraiser Party & Barbeque at 1225 Clarkson St. (in the backyard). Help us keep our space and secure our rent for the next two months – we are trying to raise (at a minimum) of $480!
      o       Also, stay tuned for a Lakeside Fundraiser before the summer is over! Rollercoasters, summer and friends!
      ·        September:
      o       Movie night featuring music videos by local bands & musicians (and possibly a fabulous prize to be raffled off!) Stay tuned for details and a date.
      o       Good, ol' fashioned Zine Reading with local zinesters. Date TBD. (Email denverzinelibrary@... if you might be interested in reading)
      ·        October:
      o       Keep your eyes peeled for the 2008 Calendar Release and Silent Auction! Remember how much fun we had last year? You won't want to miss the fun this year!

      Other Updates & Information
      ·        What has the Denver Zine Library been up to?
      o       Red Delicious Press: The Denver Zine Library did a zine workshop at Red Delicious Press (http://www.reddeliciouspress.com/) in Aurora in July. We had a fabulous time working with some of the artists at the printmaking facility and look forward to working with them in the future!
      o       Project YES: The DZL traveled to Project YES (Youth Envisioning Social Change) (http://www.project-yes.org/about.html)  in Lafayette, CO and presented a short history of zines and created zines with youth.

      ·     A message from fabulous zinester and co-founder of the Denver Zine Library (Vermicious Knid/Jamez)
      Hello friends!
      	As most of you know, I am moving once again.  Next month I will be leaving Alaska (for a while, anyway) and moving to Maine to finish school.
      This means that:
      	-  my postal address is changing.  I move out of my house in two days, so please don't send  anything else here.  I don't know the new address yet, but mail can always reach me through my mom: 108 Rte 30, Newfane VT 05345.
      - my phone number is changing.  The current phone number gets cut off tomorrow.  If you need to reach me in the next week or so (in other words, before the wedding), I can be reached at Julia's parents' house.  E-mail me if you want that number.
      - my e-mail is *not* changing.  You can always reach me here, and I check pretty regularly, even when I'm on the road.  (That does not necessarily mean that I will respond quickly - in that regard, I am as bad as ever.)
      	Once I am settled in Maine, I will write you all again to give you the new info.
      	Take care,
      	Jamez / Vermicious Knid

      ·        Also, some folks from the Denver Zine Library (along with some local zinesters) will be traveling to Portland this year for the Portland Zine Symposium. Yay! See you there!

      The Denver Zine Library is a volunteer-run lending library located at 1644 Platte Street , Studio 103 (inside The Other Side Arts)

      Open Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm or by appointment

      Drop off donations to the Denver Zine Library during open hours or send to:

      Denver Zine Library

      PO Box 13826

      Denver , CO 80201

      www.denverzinelibrary.org

      denverzinelibrary@...

      Interested in Volunteering? Get in contact with us!
      Read zines, write zines, support your community!