December Newsletter from the Denver Zine Library!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      Hello friends!

      Hope you all are well and fabulous! Here's the latest and greatest
      for the December newsletter from the Denver Zine Library. Happy
      reading and hope to see you.

      Upcoming Events:

      * Come celebrate the 3rd ANNIVERSARY of the DENVER ZINE LIBRARY!! *

      Microphones
      Wolve
      Thanksgiving

      Monday December 11th
      Glob Glob Glob
      3551 Brighton Blvd., Denver
      $5 donation, all ages!

      doors at 6 pm (for the party)
      bands will start promptly at 8 pm!

      * E-Tag Fair Trade Holiday Bazaar *

      Thursday, December 14
      7:00 PM
      Mercury Cafe
      2199 California St, Denver

      $5 suggested donation (no one turned away)

      E-Tag will be screening a film about fair trade and local vendors
      will be selling fair trade items. Get all your gifts for Christmas
      and keep a clean conscience to boot.

      Vendors will include:
      Project Salvador/People of Hope Crafts
      Tzutujil Maya Weavers
      Cafe Rebelion
      Bete Noir Chocolates
      Breakdown Book Collective
      Denver Zine Library

      * Kevin's Birthday Bash & DZL Fundariser! *

      Kevin is one of our favorite zine librarians and what better way to
      celebrate than with a party and a fundraiser!

      Saturday, January 13th
      More details to follow! And there just may be a piƱata.

      * Denver Zine Library Chili Cook off on Superbowl Sunday *

      Enjoy friends, delicious chili and perhaps some football.
      Sunday, Feb 4th

      Location, Time, and more information to come!

      * The Denver Zinefest *

      The Denver Zinefest will be on Saturday, March 24, 2007. We are
      still in the pre-planning stages, so if you'd like to get involved
      in organizing it, please contact us at denverzinelibrary@....
      Please pass on the word to other zinesters. We'd love to see out-of-
      town zinesters this year.

      Previous Events

      * 2007 Denver Zine Calendar Release Party! *

      The calendar release party/silent auction was a huge success,
      resulting in the biggest fundraiser the Denver Zine Library has ever
      held. We made about $1,000 in one night! Special thanks to all of
      our donors, all of the people who bid on our awesome items and
      Watercourse Foods for hosting this fabulous event.

      Calendars are still available for $10 and can be purchased from the
      Denver Zine Library during open hours, Growler Distro, the Tattered
      Cover or Fancy Tiger. E-mail denverzinelibrary@... for more
      information or to order a calendar.

      Winner of the Denver Zine Library Logo Contest

      Dylan Scholinski won our hearts with an amazing logo for the
      library! Yay! Look for it on all our zine library flyers and info.
      Thanks Dylan!

      Denver Zine Library Wish List

      - volunteers: Volunteer trainings are set for the 1st Sunday each
      month at 2 pm, as needed. If you are interested in becoming a
      volunteer, contact denverzinelibrary@... ahead of time so that
      we know to hold a training. If you can't make this time, contact us
      to set up an appointment!
      - zine donations
      - CD Player
      - gift certificates to office supply stores (any amount)

      What's going on in the Local Zine Community?

      The new King-Cat,
      #67, is out now.

      A loose collection of stories and shorter impressions... art, life,
      fear and opening up.
      Sleeping in the Car in L.A., Colorado Folk Artist Square-Head John,
      Walking in San Francisco; plus letters, Top 40, and much much more.
      40 digest pages, $3.00

      Payable to:
      John Porcellino
      P.O. Box 18888
      Denver, CO 80218

      For International orders, Paypal instructions, or
      other Info, please visit www.king-cat.net

      John will be donating some King-Cats to the Denver Zine Library as
      well.

      They can also be found at Wax Trax, Capitol Hill Books, Highlander
      Comics, and hopefully soon at All In A Dream comics and Fancy Tiger.

      Other Information

      The Denver Zine Library will be closed the last two weekends in
      December. (December 23rd & 24th and December, 30th & 31st)

      If you would like to visit the library while we are closed, please
      make an appointment. Contact Kelly at 303.861.0246 or
      shortandqueer@....

      Visit The Denver Zine Library located inside The Other Side Arts at:
      1644 Platte St., Stuido 103
      Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 - 5:00 pm or by appointment

      www.denverzinelibrary.org
      denverzinelibrary@...