December 4th Meeting Minutes

  • kristy fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2005
      Denver Zine Library Staff Meeting Minutes, December 4,
      2005

      At this meeting we discussed five topics: cataloging,
      moving, completing our nonprofit application,
      volunteer training, and fundraising.

      1. Catalogue: Kelly has catalogued over 1,000 zines
      since returning from Chicago this summer [!]. We now
      have approximately 6,500 zines and will update the
      catalogue online this month. Kristy and Kelly will
      meet with outside tech help to determine if investing
      money in an online database is feasible. It is
      definitely necessary, as the current cut-and-paste
      process utilized to update our catalogue is arduous,
      to say the least.

      As a result of all of the cataloguing, we’ve have a
      good size collection of zine doubles, which Kristy,
      Vance, and Kelly will organize and arrange to trade
      with other zine libraries in the states.

      Kristy and Kelly will develop an excel spreadsheet for
      checked out library materials.

      2. Moving: Michael has been talking with Wax Trax
      record store about renting out the former Across the
      Trax space that just recently closed this month. The
      owners have requested a proposal from the zine
      library, which will be finished up this week and
      submitted to them. Many meetings will have to happen
      before anything is decided, but we are very excited
      about this possible collaboration!

      3. Nonprofit application: our nonprofit application
      is almost complete. We discussed the structure for
      the board of directors, our final piece. Eamon Tewell
      has agreed to sit on our Board, thank you Eamon! We
      talked about inviting other people to sit on our board
      and have committed to writing up this final
      application piece and submitting invitations with the
      requirement language to these people this month. We
      would like to have our first official board meeting in
      January 2006.

      4. Our next volunteer training will happen on Monday
      December 12 at 7 pm. We decided not to publicize this
      and expect to conduct an internal training for
      existing volunteers; however, if someone would like to
      be trained who has never volunteered with us before,
      it would be appropriate [and appreciated] if they came
      to this training.

      5. Fundraisers: right now we are focusing on December
      11th – our two year anniversary! Additionally, there
      is a possibility of having a fundraiser after hours at
      the Esquire theatre. We will screen a movie at
      midnight during the week and collect donations, eat
      popcorn.

      A reminder: December iith, this Sunday, at 6pm: PARTY
      and OPEN HOUSE! Baked Potato Bar, Badminton, and zine
      readings! All ages, always. Please spread the word.
      Donations will be collected at the door.

      http://mail.yahoo.com