Upcoming Stuff - Woohoo!

  • D Jamez Terry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hey all!

      I've got three quick announcements/reminders about the next few days...

      First, we could still use some volunteers for tomorrow (Saturday). Sunday
      is actually covered already, which is great. (Any new volunteers who are
      interested in doing a training shift with me on Saturday, call me in the
      morning at 303-282-4980.)

      Also, Sunday night is our next planning meeting. Meetings are in no way
      required of volunteers, but this is where you get to actually make
      decisions about the library. They're usually pretty short and laidback,
      and sometimes we get dinner. This is our first meeting on the new monthly
      schedule and will be held at 6pm. Meetings are at 111 W Archer Pl, but in
      the house, not the library. Hope to see some of you there...

      And finally, there is a zine event coming up this week!!! Rich Mackin
      will be doing a show at Breakdown on Monday night, Jan 5. Rich does the
      zine, Book of Letters, which we have several issues of in the library. We
      also have his first book, Dear Mr. Mackin, and this tour is to promote his
      new book. Rich is really funny, while also being really political. I've
      seen him do shows before, and I'd recommend them highly. For more info
      about the show, check with Breakdown Book Collective.

      ~Jamez

      PS - Due to all the recent zine donations, we now have over 3,500 zines,
      cataloged and on the library shelves!!

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003