zinesters in Denver

  • Misun
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13 4:12 PM
      Hi There,
      my name is Misun. my friend forwarded yr message about Denver
      zinesters and a zine library. I do a zine called tearjerker. My
      husband John does King-Cat Comics & Stories. www.king-cat.net
      please feel free to contact me at misunoh@...
      Where did you guys move from?
      hope to hear from you soon.
      Misun
    • Kelly Costello
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13 5:33 PM
        Hey Misun-

        Thanks for getting in touch with us!

        Jamez and I moved from Washington DC about 3 weeks ago
        and have been trying to get a feeling of what the zine
        scene is like here. We don't want to be coming in and
        stepping on people's toes with our ideas. For, now, it
        seems that there is interest in a zine library and one
        doesn't exist yet. We've both gone through the
        volunteer training at Breakdown (I'm actually here
        now), and we've talked to a bunch of people about the
        zine library idea on Monday night at the cut and paste
        zine tour. We met someone who says she's working with
        Paul from Double Entendre on maybe starting a library-
        so, we'll have to check in with him to see what
        they're thinking. Thanks for those suggestions. It's
        been great getting ideas from folks and knowing that
        some of the time, it seems we're looking in the right
        places.

        I've been cataloging zines for a while now (over 750
        done) and I still have a bunch more. I remember seeing
        a few King Cat Comics in there, but I'm not sure if
        I've seen any Tearjerker. I wonder if you'd be up for
        a trade...

        Currently, I have 3 zines:
        Do As I Say, Not As I Do: Family Lessons to Unlearn is
        about bringing a transgender boyfriend home to meet my
        family over Thanksgiving

        Bodily Fluids #1 is about a somewhat traumatic
        experience of peeing myself in kindergarten

        These Hands Can... was put together at my summer camp-
        I read some campers and counselors a story called
        these hands and afterwards had each person write or
        draw on a quarter sheet what their hands can do.

        Jamez (who writes as Vermicious Knid) has been making
        zines for years: Sex, Death and Ronald McDonald; Burn
        in Hell, Buddy; Limited Delivery Area; Great Plastic
        Elevator (an audiozine) and more...

        Do have any interest in a zine library, any
        suggestions, ideas, etc? We'd love to hear what you
        think.

        Have a great day,
        kelly

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com