DZL's January 2013 Updates

  • denverzine library
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013
    Dear friends of the Denver Zine Library,

    We hope you had a great 2012 and are excited about 2013! Is this the year you start volunteering with the DZL? Start reading and borrowing zines from the DZL? If you’re interested in getting involved, stop by during open hours (Saturdays and Sundays between 11am-3pm) or e-mail us at denverzinelibrary@...!

    * Friday, January 4 – Zine art opening at Lowbrow
    * The magical zine vending machine!
    * Wednesday, January 16 – Zine making 101 workshop
    * T-shirts and Tote Bags for Sale!
    * Looking for volunteers
    * Visit during open hours!

    ********** Friday, January 4 – Zine art opening at Lowbrow **********
    7-10pm
    At Lowbrow – 250 Broadway, Denver 80203

    January is here and we're excited to start it off by bringing you The Denver Zine Library Show!  Come get cozy by our fireplace and read some zines, check out the posters made from zine covers, and buy a few to take home with you. And don't forget to bring your spare change to enjoy the unveiling of our brand new (/remodeled-from-the70s) Zine Vending Machine! Delicious drinks will be provided.

    Event information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/225724054228740/
    Check out Lowbrow online at: http://www.lowbrowdenver.com/

    ********** The magical zine vending machine **********
    Yes, the rumors are true! The DZL now co-owns a vending machine for selling zines! It will be housed at Lowbrow and will be debuted at our art opening on January 4th. You can also check it out anytime Lowbrow is open – Monday through Saturday from 10-7 and Sunday from 12-8.

    ********** Wednesday, January 16 – Zine making 101 workshop **********
    6-8pm
    $30 – Sign up by contacting Lowbrow at 303-722-1797 or info@...
    250 Broadway, Denver CO

    Haven’t you always wanted to learn how to make a zine? Are your ideas ready to go on paper? Well, here’s your chance! Join us for two hours to learn about zines, check out different styles and formats, and get started on your very own! Of course, we’d love to add a copy to our collection when you’re finished!

    ********** T-shirts and Tote Bags for Sale! **********
    We still have a handful of t-shirts left and some brand new tote bags, now in red and gold options! They’re all $10 each!

    ********** Looking for volunteers **********

    Do you have a few hours to spare once a month? The Denver Zine Library is looking for volunteers! Help keep the DZL open on weekends, learn how to catalog donated zines in our database, plan a fundraiser, and/or bring your brilliant ideas! E-mail denverzinelibrary@... to set up a 30-minute orientation.

    ********** Visit during open hours! **********
    The Denver Zine Library is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-3pm at the 27 Social Centre (2727 W. 27th Avenue). Have you seen our new space since we moved to the front of the building with the Denver Community Health Collective? Come check us out, read some zines and borrow some zines to read at home!

    --
    Denver Zine Library
    www.denverzinelibrary.org