March 2010 DZL Update

  • denverzine library
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2011

      Dear friends of the Denver Zine Library,

      Look what’s coming up at the DZL…

      * March 24 – Reading by Cristy Road at the DZL

      * April 5 – Sgt Dunbar & The Hobo Banned

      * Community Zine Workshop Series

      * Visit during open hours!

      * Set up an event or bring your class to the DZL

      ********** March 24 – Reading by Cristy Road at the DZL **********

      Thursday, March 24 · 8pm

      At the Denver Zine Library, 2727 W 27th Ave (entrance around right side of building)

      We’re thrilled to announce that Cristy Road is coming to the Denver Zine Library for a reading. You won’t want to miss this amazing night. She’s the author of Green Zine, Indestructible, Distance Makes the Heart Grow Sick and Bad Habits.

      From her website: “Cristy C. Road is floating in a pool of her own blood, sweat, and occasional tears. Road is a 28-year-old Cuban-American artist and writer. Blending social principles, sexual deviance, mental inadequacies, and social justice- she thrives to testify the beauty of the imperfect.” Read more about Cristy Road at http://aidandabet.org/roster/cristy-road/

      ********** April 5 – Sgt Dunbar & The Hobo Banned **********

      Tuesday, April 5 · 8pm

      At the Denver Zine Library, 2727 W 27th Ave (entrance around right side of building)

      Come check out the traveling band, Sgt Dunbar & The Hobo Banned! They’ve opened for bands like the Avett Brothers, Deer Tick, Cymbals Eat Guitars, the Music Tapes and a bunch of others. They’ve also played the Mountain Jam Festival, CMJ Music Marathon ('08-'10), Athens Popfest and SXSW ('09, '10 & soon to be '11). Sgt Dunbar & The Hobo Banned with be heading home from SXSW '11, with a new LP and vinyl EP in tow!

      Listen to their music at http://sgtdunbar.com/

      ********** Community Zine Workshop Series **********

      Are you ready to take the plunge and make your first zine? Or have you been wanting to put out a new issue? Looking for some motivation? The Denver Zine Library is working on setting up a zine workshop series where people can come and work on writing, share ideas about formatting/binding and more! Interested? Contact denverzinelibrary@... so we can pick some dates that work for the most people. Maybe we can even have a big release party to celebrate the zine-y goodness we’re bringing to Denver…

      ********** Visit during open hours! **********

      The Denver Zine Library is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5pm and is located inside the 27 Social Centre (2727 W 27th Ave – entrance around right side of building). Come check us out, read some zines on our comfy couch and borrow some zines to read at home!

      ********** Set up an event or bring your class to the DZL **********

      Have an event in mind and are looking for a venue? Want to plan a fundraiser for the Denver Zine Library? Do you teach a class and want to bring them on a field trip to the DZL? Contact denverzinelibrary@... to chat with a zine librarian about making this happen!

      --
      Denver Zine Library
      www.denverzinelibrary.org