Denver Zine Library's September Updates

  • kelly shortandqueer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 7:22 AM

      Dear friends of the Denver Zine Library,

      We’ve just reopened and are thrilled to be able to bring you awesome zine related news.

      THE IMPORTANT STUFF

      ·         Our new location is 2727 W 27th Ave, Denver – the entrance is around the right side of the building

      ·         We’ll be open on Saturdays and Sundays between 1 and 5 or by appointment

      ·         Our new website is www.denverzinelibrary.org

      ·         We’re looking for volunteers who are able to help with open hours

      ·         Contact denverzinelibrary@... with any questions, to find out how to become a volunteer or to make an appointment to see the DZL!

      DZL EVENTS

      ·         Zines on Toast Tour at the DZL, Tuesday, Sept 14 at 7pm
      Zines on toast is a month long tour with zinesters from the UK (Rumlad, Last Hours, Hey Monkey Riot and Morgenmuffel) travelling with Portland's Alex Wrekk (Brainscan and Stolen Sharpie Revolution). Join us for tales of the London Zine Symposium, failing to punch Tony Blair, ideas for radical health, creating a UK social centre, bike punks, regional dialects and much more!

      2727 W 27th Ave, Denver – entrance is around the right side of the building

      ·         DZL Silent Auction – Save the date, Monday, November 8

      After taking a year off, the DZL is bringing back our silent auction, which is our biggest fundraising event of the year. Come check out the amazing auction items or let us know if you have something to donate! In previous years, we’ve had incredible items (zine packets, art, homebrew, etc), services (massages, guitar lessons, acupuncture, etc), gift certificates (for food, drinks, movies, etc) AND MORE! Put this evening in your calendar and we’ll be sending out more details soon!

      ·         Grand opening and Bikestravaganza were awesome

      The first two events at the DZL were lots of fun. Elly Blue and Joe Biel came through on the Bikestravaganza tour and wowed us with their knowledge and awesome presentation about bikes and bike culture. Then the grand re-opening was fantastic. It was great to see so many long-time supporters of the zine library and so many new faces!

      LOOKING FOR SUBMISSIONS (NON-DZL RELATED)

      ·         Youth in Revolt Distro is opening back up and is looking for submissions. Send your zines or questions to:
      Megan Leann

      PO Box 268

      Loleta, CA 95551

      ·         Send your zines, books or documentaries to a new infoshop to Aldabis Kolektib via

      JOEY ANDRES
      BLK 7 LOT 31 SAN MANUEL 1 A3
      DASMARINAS CAVITE 04115
      PHILIPPINES

      ·         Call for Submissions/Donations
      Radical Southern Zine Archive Project
      University of Alabama

      The University of Alabama is looking for submissions/donations for a new archive that will collect zines from Southern authors, and zines about Southern experience. This collection will be housed within the W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library and once cataloged will be available for any scholar or zine enthusiast looking for research opportunities or just a nice afternoon read. This project began as the brainchild of our students and staff who have been creating zines, using zines in the classroom, and have a general love of all things zine related.

      The goal of the collection is to gather together the work of individuals who are writing in the South, writing about the South and zinsters who are Southerners living across the world. It is our belief and hope that the Radical Southern Zine Archive will help bring together the work being produced everywhere about the South and house it where all can enjoy it. We want all those Southern perspectives so send us your zines and let’s get this process started. If anyone has any questions please email us and we will get back to you ASAP.

      The official opening of the Radical Southern Zine Archive will take place in September, and will kick off a yearlong celebration of the zine and the zine community. We look forward to hearing from each and every one of you.

      Send your zines to:
      Radical South Zine Archive
      PO Box 869066
      Tuscaloosa, AL 35486-0081