heyza

  • the mighty phun crew
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2003
      Greets!

      So cool to discover this group! I publish "Iron Feather Journal" an
      undergound zine since 1987. I'm working on the new issue now and hope
      to have it done around the years end.

      I welcome zinesters to send me zine ads and i'll print them free.

      I'm thinking about silk screen printing the issues, inspired by SPUNK
      zine. has anyone done this?

      My friend has cleared his garage and we are ready to give it a try
      now that the weather is cooler. Any tips from silk screen printers?

      Cheers!

      Stevyn
    • D Jamez Terry
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2003
        Hey all!

        We had a great work party on Sunday. Six people came and we got a bunch
        of boxes cut and painted for holding zines. Some were collaged, and some
        are yet to be done. And we still need lots more, so everyone please save
        the boxes from your cereal, pasta, etc... We working on sanding and
        painting two shelves that needed it, and Paul also brought over 3 more
        shelves that are ready to use, plus a bulletin board and more zines to be
        cataloged. We got a lot done, but there is still more to do, and we
        should plan another one of these soon - that can be set up at the next
        meeting, which brings me to...

        The next meeting is this Sunday! This one will again be held at 111 W
        Archer Pl (Denver), which is also the address of the zine library. It's
        at 7:30 pm. Anyone needing directions or anything is welcome to call
        303-282-4980 and talk to me or Kelly. Everyone is encouraged to attend,
        although I should note that I will be out of town and won't be present
        myself.

        And finally, we still have a ton of zines to be cataloged (and I know that
        some of you have your own zines to put in as well.) If anyone wants to
        set up a time to come over and catalog, that'd be awesome. E-mail
        tomatoeslove@... or call the above number to make sure someone will
        be here to let you in...

        Hope everyone's having a fabulous week! See you soon...
        Jamez

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com