The Denver Zine Library’s Grand Re-Opening and New Website!

  • kelly shortandqueer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 6:27 PM

      Dear friends of the Denver Zine Library,

      Yes, the rumors are true! After several months in temporary storage, the Denver Zine Library is officially re-opening on Monday, September 6!

      NEW LOCATION AND NEW NEIGHBORS

      The Denver Zine Library is now located in the 27 Social Centre at 2727 W. 27th Ave, Denver CO 80211. We’re thrilled to be sharing this space with some other incredible projects including Build Up Books, Sent(a)mental Studios, Bread and Roses Workers Cultural Center, and P&L Printing.

      GRAND RE-OPENING

      The projects at the 27 Social Centre are almost all settled in and functional. The space has had some changes and new additions. Some coats of paint have been applied, and though there’s still lots of work to do, we want you to come and celebrate with us! We will have… Food, refreshments, kid’s activities and games, lots of free literature, members of all the projects to answer questions and help you plug in or support anti-capitalist community projects in Denver and most importantly, YOU and your friends and family!

      Monday, September 6, 2010 from 1-5pm

      2727 W. 27th Ave, Denver CO 80211 – entrance around the right side of the building

      FREE!!!

      NEW WEBSITE

      The DZL has redone our website and we’re excited to be able to share ongoing happenings much easier. Check it out at www.denverzinelibrary.org!

      SAME HOURS

      The DZL will be open on Saturdays and Sundays from 1pm-5pm and by appointment. If you’re unable to come by on the weekend and want to set up a visit, e-mail denverzinelibrary@...

      SAME MAILING ADDRESS

      We’re still collection zine donations and they can be mailed to:

      Denver Zine Library

      PO Box 13826

      Denver CO 80201

      SAME AWESOMENESS (well, maybe we’re even better now…)

      If you’d like to get involved, contact denverzinelibrary@... for volunteer opportunities. And stay connected:

      ·         Get e-mail updates. To join the list, send a blank e-mail to denverzinelibrary-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ·         On Facebook – Join our group: http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?discarded&id=531529487#!/group.php?gid=57922627417&ref=ts

      ·         On MySpace – Be our friend: www.myspace.com/zinelibrary

      UPCOMING EVENT

      Zines on toast is a month long tour with zinesters from the UK (Rumlad, Last Hours, Hey Monkey Riot and Morgenmuffel) travelling with Portland's Alex Wrekk (Brainscan and Stolen Sharpie Revolution). Join us for tales of the London Zine Symposium, failing to punch Tony Blair, ideas for radical health, creating a UK social centre, bike punks, regional dialects and much more!

      Tuesday, September 14 at the Denver Zine Library

      7pm, $3-5 suggested donation

      Details at http://zinesontoast.org/

      Much zine-filled love!

      Kelly Shortandqueer