Zine Reading & Slideshow with John Porcellin of King-Cat Comics!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2009
      Zine Reading/Slideshow with John Porcellino (King Cat Comics)
      Friday, March 27th, 7:00pm
      The Other Side Arts - Denver Zine Library
      1644 Platte St.

      Come visit with the cutest darn library in Denver - the Denver Zine Library of course! John Porcellino, the creator of King Cat Comics will be our featured reader this evening. He will be showing a slideshow (and maybe answering some of your questions). There will be readings from local zinesters and music with local musician, Patrick Porter.

      Everyone is welcome! We will have some snacks available, but please bring a vegetarian or vegan dish to share if you are able.

      Suggested Donation: $3-$5

      For questions about the event or if you are interested in reading, please contact Anna at: a.inazu AT gmail DOT com

      Other Good Stuff

      4th Annual Denver Zine Fest!

      Have you been to every Denver Zine Fest for the past three years? Did you have an amazing time? Do you have suggestions about how to make it better? Are you new to Denver and involved in zines? Do you want to see Denver's 4th Zine Fest?

      If you answered yes to any of the above questions, help organize Denver's 4th annual Zine Fest! Many of past year organizers from the zine library and community are not able to organize this year's fest. Your beautiful community needs your help in planning and organizing, especially if you're involved with zines in Denver!

      Contact Sarah for more information if you are interested in planning this year's zine fest at: sarahgraceslater AT yahoo DOT com

      Denver Zine Library needs your help!
      We are looking for some new volunteers. If you are interested in organizing events, helping keep the zine library open on the weekends, cataloging zines, or have other ideas that you think might make the zine library better, we would love to hear from you.

      If you think you have an idea for a place to do a zine workshop send us a message and let us know. We would love to be collaborating with more local organizations, schools, camps, etc. to teach people about zines and help them create their own.

      We are always taking zine donations AND financial donations. Please drop by during our open hours or send us your contributions to our PO Box.

      Also, please support The Other Side Arts (www.theothersidearts.org), home to the Denver Zine Library space.

      Thanks to all who continue to help the Denver Zine Library grow!
      xoxo

      Denver Zine Library
      Physical Address:
      1644 Platte St.
      Denver, CO
      Open: Saturdays & Sundays 1:00pm - 5:00pm

      PO Box:
      Denver Zine Library
      PO Box 13826
      Denver, CO 80201