Novemberrrrrr update from the DZL!

  • annami_ysh
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008

      DZL Silent Auction

      Thanks to all those who came out to support the Denver Zine Library's 3rd Silent Auction and Calendar Release Party - donors and all those that made bids on items!

      We made a whopping $1300! We also still have a few items leftover so if are interested in finding out more about them, drop by the zine library or email us at: denverzinelibrary AT gmail dot com.

      Denver Zine Library Calendars

      You can get your very own copy of the calendar for a mere $10 (plus $1 if we are shipping it to ya!). You can also see the cover and each of the beautiful months on our website: www.denverzinelibrary.org

      -    At the Denver Zine Library (open Saturdays and Sundays 1-5pm and by appointment)

      -    Through our website

      If you have ideas of other places to consign or sell calendars, please let us know by talking to one of the lovely zine librarians, stop by the library or send us an email at denverzinelibrary AT gmail dot com.

      5 year Anniversary – Denver Zine Library!

      Stay tuned for details! It will be 5 years in December!

      King-Cat Update! Just released #69!

      ***NEW!!!-- #69, September 2008***
      This brand new issue features a nice mix of funny and sad stories: The Skweezil
      Cat Chronicles, Moon, Clouds, Heavy Metal Memories, and a poem; Ghetto Palms;
      plus--

       Top-40, letters, and lots more! 32 digest pages, $3.00

      KING-CAT Comics: If you don't have a subscription, but would like to order
      just one single copy of King-Cat 69, rates are as follows:

      USA -- $3.00 postpaid ($3.21 via PayPal)
      CANADA -- $4.00 postpaid ($4.28 via PayPal)
      EUROPE & ELSEWHERE -- $5.00 ($5.35 via PayPal)

      You can pay with well-concealed cash, or a check/MO payable to "John
      Porcellino", mailed to the address below; or via PayPal to kingcat_paypal AT
      hotmail DOT com. (PayPal is preferred for orders outside the USA.)

      Mail orders to:

      John Porcellino
      P.O. Box 18888
      Denver, CO 80218
      USA

      Also available: NOW WE ARE FORTY is a little illustrated zine I made to
      commemorate my recent 40th birthday. Navel gazing at its finest! 8 Mini pages;
      black ink on brown cardstock.

      USA -- $1.50 postpaid ($1.60 via PayPal)
      CANADA -- $2.00 postpaid ($2.14 via

       PayPal)
      EUROPE & ELSEWHERE -- $2.00 postpaid ($2.14 via PayPal)

      More Info:  www.king-cat.net
      email:  johnp_kingcat AT hotmail dot com

      Confluence Books: Community Center & Radical Bookstore in Grand Junction

      This event already passed, but check out the center!

      Confluence Books: Community Center and Radical Bookstore will having its grand opening this weekend, November 7th, 8th, 9th. Confluence Books is nestled in the White Hall Village, an eclectic array of small local business. Confluence Books' grand opening is coinciding with the Grand Opening of White Hall Village. There will be live music, refreshments, and lots of cool people.

      Confluence Books is all volunteer-run and seeks to provide hard to find alternative, radical, and progressive books, DVDs, CDs, Zines, Magazines, and
      accessories. Local art and handicrafts will also be available and not to mention the best organic fair trade coffee and teas. All profits will be re-invested in the store and used to support other local alternative media projects, like the Red Pill.

      The Red Pill, Grand Junction's only alternative news source, will also
      finally have some office space, and a place to have meetings.

      This weekends events at the Confluence: On Friday, there will be live music
      from 6-8pm. On Saturday, we will be screening the amazing documentary
      "Peace, Propaganda, and the Promised Land," a scathing critique of how
      the Palestinian/Israeli conflict is portrayed in the American media at 7pm. On Sunday, SNC Copwatch will be conducting a "Know Your Rights" training
      at 2pm.

      Confluence books is a place to read, hangout, have coffee, talk politics, build community, hold a workshop, screen a movie, have a meeting or plot the
      revolution. See you soon.

      Confluence Books
      600 White Ave. Suite #302
      Grand Junction, CO 81501
      (970) 245-4442
      confluencebooks@...
      www.gjredpill.org

      Help us get the word out. Forward this to all your friends.

      DZL Open Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 1-5 or by appointment

      Location: 1644 Platte Street , Studio 107, Denver 80202 (the first door when you go in the alley on the right side of the building).

      Mailing Address: PO Box 13826 , Denver CO 80201

      Website: www.denverzinelibrary.org

      E-mail: denverzinelibrary@...