Huggins protocol and other dental questions

  • marylynnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2011
      Hello, there!

      I have so much dental work that has to be done, I've been told it can't be done in one day. I don't understand the 7-14-21 day rule for Huggins' protocol. Do you start counting the days starting on the day of the appt., or the day after? If I have to make many appts., and I do 2 appts. per week, after the first two weeks, there aren't many open spots on the calendar!

      Also, I'm wondering how to know what the best pain killer is to use? Has anyone had reactions to the pain killer their dentist used? What ingredients should I watch out for that could cause problems?

      I had a regular dentist (not Huggins trained) recommend using something called "Cleanup" made in Sweden instead of a rubber dam. He says mercury can get trapped under a dam. I don't really understand how the "Cleanup" works....wondering if anyone has ever heard of it.
    • don lovell
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2011
        I chelated with my omega screw type juicer,  mixing kale juice with carrot about two to one carrot/kale.  I think someone said the pain cycle comes at a five day interval, that is the body doing cleansing and inflammation times.
        The best juicers are the vertical auger types, the Huron and Omega vertical.  At least one quart of  mixed juice per day, two quarts are a lot better with a little probiotics added . You;ll also lose weight in all the right places.  peace and out

      • Rebecca Barber
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2011
          --- In dental-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "marylynnc" <marylynn_crandall@...> wrote:

          > Hello, there!
          >
          > I have so much dental work that has to be done, I've been told it can't be done in one day. I don't understand the 7-14-21 day rule for Huggins' protocol. Do you start counting the days starting on the day of the appt., or the day after? If I have to make many appts., and I do 2 appts. per week, after the first two weeks, there aren't many open spots on the calendar!
          >
          > Also, I'm wondering how to know what the best pain killer is to use? Has anyone had reactions to the pain killer their dentist used? What ingredients should I watch out for that could cause problems?
          >
          > I had a regular dentist (not Huggins trained) recommend using something called "Cleanup" made in Sweden instead of a rubber dam. He says mercury can get trapped under a dam. I don't really understand how the "Cleanup" works....wondering if anyone has ever heard of it.

          I am on the back-end of a pretty major dental revision with a Huggins trained biologic dentist. We pretty much scheduled my appointments to cover 1 quadrant each visit and completed it in a month. I had 6 extractions and 7 mercury replacements which also involved prepping for a crown on each. Every appointment lasted most of the day but, now that it's over, I'm glad I did it that way. I always had someone with me to drive me home because you are pretty wobbly after that much time in the chair. I took 5 mg of xanax before each appointment and also wore a device called an alpha-stim which causes you to stay relaxed. After each appointment I usually took hydrocodone for pain for a day or so and then advil after that for any lingering problems. The hydrocodone worked great but I always made sure to take it with something on my stomach. My dentist used a dam, an oxygen canula, goggles and coverings head to toe. I also held a vacuum device just below my mouth while he was drilling to catch any stray vapors or particles. My dentist didn't seem too concerned about the 7/14/21 day schedule. In fact, we usually did it on the same day each week and I don't feel like I had any adverse effects from that arrangement. I really don't think I could have managed 2 appointments per week just because I needed that healing time for my jaw joint. You are pretty sore after holding your mouth open that many hours. After the first appointment, I had a Vitamin C IV but for financial reasons didn't do that again. I was careful though to take plenty of Vitamin C between appointments.

          Any way you approach it, it isn't easy but I am very glad I did it. I am just beginning the chelation process today and looking forward to a future of more vibrant health. Best wishes in your endeavor!