Newbie: Mercury, lead, cavitations, botulism and ALS (MND)

  • Burd27
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2010
      Hi,
      I'm 45 and have ALS, bulbar onset. In Nov 2009 I had my five amalgams removed, followed by six months of diet/supplement detox. Hair test in Feb 2010 showed high Mercury and Lead.

      Learnt about cavitations a number of months back and had a cavitat scan which showed cavitation above and behind wisdom tooth (#18). I had it cleaned out and during the second and third week after surgery my many symptoms began to improve - something I'd hadn't experienced in the 18 months with the disease. But then I got a respiratory infection and had to go on two separate antibiotics simultaneously. During the following fortnight I lost all my ALS symptom gains and the disease is now progressing as it was before the surgery.

      A week before and a month after having the surgery I was tested with an E.A.V. device known as a F-Scan. It showed that I have Clostridium Botulinum in my body in both tests. This is the bacteria that causes Botulism. Botulism symptoms are the same as `ALS bulbar' onset symptoms. Too coincidental for me.

      Does this story ring any bells with anyone? Why did I have two weeks of improvement and then revert?

      I had read that Clostridium Botulinum is common in cavitations, so does that mean that the cavitation site is reinfected? Or maybe I have another cavitation? (something doesn't feel quite right above #17 molar!)

      Many thanks,
      Burd.
    • DeanNetwork
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
        Hi,
        I'm 45 and have ALS, bulbar onset. In Nov 2009 I had my five amalgams removed, followed by six months of diet/supplement detox.
        a.. Hi Burd, what detox did you do?

        Hair test in Feb 2010 showed high Mercury and Lead.

        Learnt about cavitations a number of months back and had a cavitat scan which showed cavitation above and behind wisdom tooth (#18). I had it cleaned out and during the second and third week after surgery my many symptoms began to improve - something I'd hadn't experienced in the 18 months with the disease. But then I got a respiratory infection and had to go on two separate antibiotics simultaneously. During the following fortnight I lost all my ALS symptom gains and the disease is now progressing as it was before the surgery.
        a.. Did you take probiotics after the antibiotics, and gut lining supports (e.g. Glutamine and DGL?).

        A week before and a month after having the surgery I was tested with an E.A.V. device known as a F-Scan. It showed that I have Clostridium Botulinum in my body in both tests. This is the bacteria that causes Botulism. Botulism symptoms are the same as `ALS bulbar' onset symptoms. Too coincidental for me.

        a.. This is most interesting. Dr Hulda Clark found Clostridium to be the major bacterium found to inhabit teeth. She suggested oregano oil to kill it topically (and you can take this internally), and also Betaine Hydrochloride
        b.. If you go here and type Clostridium in the search box, you will see what she said about them: http://livingnetwork.co.za

        Does this story ring any bells with anyone? Why did I have two weeks of improvement and then revert?
        a.. I have heard this a lot with cavitations though I do not know why. I suspect it has something to do with the surgery encouraging blood flow through the lower jaw, which often has areas of dead/dying bone and anaerobic bacteria, such as Clostridium.

        I had read that Clostridium Botulinum is common in cavitations, so does that mean that the cavitation site is reinfected? Or maybe I have another cavitation? (something doesn't feel quite right above #17 molar!)
        a.. Possibly there are several pockets of it, basically where-ever the blood supply is low. You can use a hot water bottle directly to the jaw to encourage blood supply, and once the big cavitations are cleaned (and there are no metals/root canals), use a tooth zapper to target hidden bacteria: http://livingnetwork.co.za/drclarknetwork/dental-work/tooth-zappicator/
        b.. Dean

        Many thanks,
        Burd.

        ------------------------------------

        Dental information is located here:
        http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/dentalnetwork/

        Chelation information is available here:
        http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/ and,

        The Frequent Dose Chelation Group is here:

        To order Andy Cutler's books - Amalgam Illness/Hair Test:
        http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/cutler

        Compounded chelators (ALA & DMSA) available from here:
        http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelation

        Dr Clark products are available here:
        http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/drclarknetwork/products.html

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Burd27
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 9, 2010
          Hi Dean,

          Thanks for your reply and info. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.

          1/
          The detox I did began about a month before I had my amalgams removed - as detailed by my Naturopath. It involved diet change such as 4 to 6 eggs a day, include soft cheeses (eg. brie, etc.), lamb, plenty of butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, 2lt water/day, meta epa/dha fish oil, plus a host of organic greens and grains. Added to this was 2 x two tablets per day of Chelatox and around 5000mg of Vitamin C in the form of Sodium Ascorbate. This continued from a month before removal for about six months all up.

          Also, on the day of the removal, the dentist gave (sold) me a course of Bauer(?) homeopathic detox drops as well as some Vitamin C.

          Three days after removal, I also commenced an intensive twenty four day live-in detox program at a detox facility. This involved specific supplements, diet, exercise, as well as numerous and multiple treatments including massage, clay baths, various cleansing tonics, steam baths, colonics, etc. - a real "spring clean"!

          From all the above, I have continued the daily Vitamin C and recently have also had a couple more colonic sessions.

          I have recently been prescribed some DMSA to help specifically with my high lead levels. I don't like some of the things I've read about DMSA, DMPS or EDTA, butvthe dose of DMSA that I have been given is low (100mg) and I am/was planning to only take it as per Hal Huggins' recommendations of three a week. Do you have any suggestions there?
          Do you have any thoughts on effectiveness of Sun Chorella?

          2/
          Following my antibiotic course, I have been on a daily dose of kefer. For a few years now it has been very effective at keeping my intestinal bugs in order.

          3/
          Thanks for the link re oregano oil to kill the Clostridium. I have read a paragraph written by Dr. Clark that said, "..........For some persons, weeping plays a role in detox-illness, too. This is caused by a special Clostridium variety, C. botulinum. It appears after killing human liver flukes. If you kill very many, the C. botulinum "undertaker" bacteria can reach the hypothalamus, so weeping starts. If you are a "weeper", be sure to drink Eucalyptus tea to kill all Clostridium and take drops of oregano oil (in capsules) daily to stay cheerful while you zap and starve the flukes......" So I thought the oregano oil was to control the weeping (LOL). I am keen though to try the eucalyptus tea. I have been trying to find how to make it correctly. I now know the quantities, but I'm not sure which eucalyptus tree to get the leaves from. Within a few hundred metres of my front door, I have about a dozen different varieties of eucalypts - are leaves from any okay to use, or are there good and bad ones?

          4/
          The rebound of symptoms after cavitation surgery is certainly a mystery. But your thoughts on the matter are certainly plausible. I would be keen to hear from anyone that has experienced an improvement in symptoms following cavitation surgery, then loose that improvement, but then (for whatever reason) went on to experience improvement once again.

          5/
          I think the possibility of there being another cavitation is reasonable. I am becoming more keen to find it out for sure. Problem is that it is a very long journey for me to get to the nearest Cavitat Scanner. It has been suggested to me that a thermal image scan (DITI) might show one up. If that is the case, that would be a lot easier as there is one of those less than an hour from home, which is a lot closer than the 34 hour round trip to the Cavitat. The tooth zapper sounds like a well worth venture regardless if there is another cavitation or not.

          Thanks again,
          Burd.
        • DeanNetwork
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 10, 2010
            Hi Dean,

            Thanks for your reply and info. I'll try and answer your questions as best I can.

            1/
            The detox I did began about a month before I had my amalgams removed - as detailed by my Naturopath. It involved diet change such as 4 to 6 eggs a day, include soft cheeses (eg. brie, etc.), lamb, plenty of butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, 2lt water/day, meta epa/dha fish oil, plus a host of organic greens and grains. Added to this was 2 x two tablets per day of Chelatox and around 5000mg of Vitamin C in the form of Sodium Ascorbate. This continued from a month before removal for about six months all up.

            a.. There are some very high sulphur components to this proposed 'detox'. you will be moving metals all over the show with this if you have high cysteine levels.
            b.. See Andy's discussion on sulphur foods here: http://livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

            Also, on the day of the removal, the dentist gave (sold) me a course of Bauer(?) homeopathic detox drops as well as some Vitamin C.

            Three days after removal, I also commenced an intensive twenty four day live-in detox program at a detox facility. This involved specific supplements, diet, exercise, as well as numerous and multiple treatments including massage, clay baths, various cleansing tonics, steam baths, colonics, etc. - a real "spring clean"!
            From all the above, I have continued the daily Vitamin C and recently have also had a couple more colonic sessions.

            I have recently been prescribed some DMSA to help specifically with my high lead levels. I don't like some of the things I've read about DMSA, DMPS or EDTA, butvthe dose of DMSA that I have been given is low (100mg) and I am/was planning to only take it as per Hal Huggins' recommendations of three a week. Do you have any suggestions there?

            a.. Hi Burd
            b.. Yes, PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS PROTOCOL. Sorry to shout, but taking DMSA in any other way, other than every 4 hours for 3 days or more will cause you a lot of harm.
            c.. 100mg is also HUGE to start with. Please read these guidelines http://livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/ and buy Dr Cutler's book asap.

            Do you have any thoughts on effectiveness of Sun Chorella?
            a.. Chlorella may be a superfood, but when it comes to chelation it is very dangerous as it is a single sulphur thiol substance and will move mercury all over your body and make this worse. Please do not attempt this (though you will see everbody and their uncle advising this to chelate). Andy cautions against it, and with good reason, as I have met many people harmed by this.

[...]

            a.. I'm not sure to be honest. You can buy safe products here for Dr Clarks protocol http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/drclarknetwork/productsusa
            b.. Thanks,
            c.. Dean

[...]

          • ejojunk
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 21, 2010
              Hi, Burd

              I have some replies below.
              Ericka

              --- In dental-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "Burd27" <burd27@...> wrote:

              > I have recently been prescribed some DMSA to help specifically with my high lead levels. I don't like some of the things I've read about DMSA, DMPS or EDTA, butvthe dose of DMSA that I have been given is low (100mg) and I am/was planning to only take it as per Hal Huggins' recommendations of three a week. Do you have any suggestions there?

              > The rebound of symptoms after cavitation surgery is certainly a mystery. But your thoughts on the matter are certainly plausible. I would be keen to hear from anyone that has experienced an improvement in symptoms following cavitation surgery, then loose that improvement, but then (for whatever reason) went on to experience improvement once again.

              I had 2 cavitational surgeries done, the first one a year ago on the two lower wisdom tooth sites and the second one in Feb of this year on the two upper wisdom tooth sites. If you do a search here, you will find my posts about them. My experience with both surgeries was an immediate improvement and then within a few hours a return of some symptoms. The symptoms weren't quite as bad, but still, it was a disappointment. But I have experienced continued gradual improvement in those symptoms since the surgeries. My dentist told me that it would take 6 mos to a year for the bone to completely re-grow and fill in. So I'm at the one year mark for the lower sites and just past the 6 mo mark for the uppers. And I'm feeling a LOT better than I did a year ago. I'm finally feeling like getting out and DOING things again. I still have some of the inner ear symptoms that have been my biggest problem, but these are still improving.

              I also got a tooth zapper and used it for a while and it seemed to help with my symptoms. IMO if I knew I had an active infection, I would definitely get one and use it.

              > I think the possibility of there being another cavitation is reasonable. I am becoming more keen to find it out for sure. Problem is that it is a very long journey for me to get to the nearest Cavitat Scanner. It has been suggested to me that a thermal image scan (DITI) might show one up. If that is the case, that would be a lot easier as there is one of those less than an hour from home, which is a lot closer than the 34 hour round trip to the Cavitat. The tooth zapper sounds like a well worth venture regardless if there is another cavitation or not.

              Yes, my trip was not quite as bad as yours (only 8 hrs round trip). I do wish that I had demanded the dentist do a cavitat scan of my entire mouth that first trip. I still would have had to make a second trip to have the other CVs cleaned, but at least I would have known and would have had it done much sooner. IMO, if anyone is travelling any distance to a cavitat machine, they should spend the money to check their entire mouth. Saves a lot of second guessing later on. I know this doesn't really help you right now, but I guess what I'm telling you is that there is always the possibility of another cavitation.

              > Thanks again,
              > Burd.

            • Burd27
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 22, 2010
                Hi Ericka,

                Thank you for your reply. Very helpful.

                I am about to start the DMSA as per AC's protocol. I have been doing some WWW searching about it and am planning to divide my 100mg capsule contents up to make the 12.5mg doses. I only hope that I have enough time left alive for this method to be able to remove enough metal to turn my health around.

                Of course the cavitation issue is buried in there as well and I am convinced it is the key to any possible turnaround and the chelation as the means to a possible ongoing recovery.

                Thank you for your comments about the cavitation issue. Your improvement was directly after the surgery and short lived, whereas my improvement didn't start for a week or two and lasted a fortnight. It may be because if a reinfection or another cavitation somewhere, so another Cavitat Scan is looking needful, once I get the resources to do so. What I would like to know is any information about other people who have had a recovery stage that stopped and particularly if they were able to create it again and hopefully maintain that recovery. This is probably not the right forum for that info, but I'm not sure if there is another one more specific.

                I intend to get a Tooth Zapper as well. Dean had recommended one as well, so I had been looking. Because of my suspected Botulism infection, I was looking to get a zapper to do general zapping as well as frequency specific as well as Tooth zapping. There are myriads of them about, but it is difficult to determine which ones would be able to all three tasks. Also each website rubbishes all others. There's not much available in Australia, so I was looking OS for something. But I think I have decided to just make my own. I am an electronics technician by trade and have most of the bits and pieces on hand already. I've been gathering the info to make sure what is exactly needed to achieve electronically, so I am sure I will be able to come up with a Rolls Royce version!

                I had read some of your previous posts on the forum but after reading you reply I have found some more. What is the "Electro-Dermal Screening"? Is that a form of E.A.V. testing? When I had my cavitation surgery, the dentist just went in, cleaned it out, sewed it up..and home I went. There was no testing done during or after the surgery. However, a week later and again a month later I went to another dentist who did an E.A.V. test on me to see if he could pick up any irregularity with the site and it came up all clear.

                Thank again,
                Burd.

                --- In dental-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "ejojunk" <ejojunk@...> wrote:

> [...]
                >
                > Yes, my trip was not quite as bad as yours (only 8 hrs round trip). I do wish that I had demanded the dentist do a cavitat scan of my entire mouth that first trip. I still would have had to make a second trip to have the other CVs cleaned, but at least I would have known and would have had it done much sooner. IMO, if anyone is travelling any distance to a cavitat machine, they should spend the money to check their entire mouth. Saves a lot of second guessing later on. I know this doesn't really help you right now, but I guess what I'm telling you is that there is always the possibility of another cavitation.

              • ejojunk
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 23, 2010
                  Hi, Burd,
                  Again, some replies below.
                  Ericka

                  --- In dental-chelation@yahoogroups.com, "Burd27" <burd27@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Ericka,
                  >
                  > Thank you for your reply. Very helpful.
                  >
                  > I am about to start the DMSA as per AC's protocol.

                  --Good. It really is the safest method out there. It might take longer, but it does work. --

                  --You can also get 25mg capsules at www.vrp.com Much easier to divide up.--

                  I only hope that I have enough time left alive for this method to be able to remove enough metal to turn my health around.

                  --Pls try to stay positive. It will really help your recovery. At least by doing the AC protocol, you'll be moving forward instead of just staying in place or getting even worse.--

                  > Of course the cavitation issue is buried in there as well and I am convinced it is the key to any possible turnaround and the chelation as the means to a possible ongoing recovery.

                  --Yes, I think that both have been key for me. I also credit having properly supported my adrenals and thyroid. I think my adrenals are finally starting to heal.--

                  > Thank you for your comments about the cavitation issue. Your improvement was directly after the surgery and short lived, whereas my improvement didn't start for a week or two and lasted a fortnight. It may be because if a reinfection or another cavitation somewhere, so another Cavitat Scan is looking needful, once I get the resources to do so. What I would like to know is any information about other people who have had a recovery stage that stopped and particularly if they were able to create it again and hopefully maintain that recovery. This is probably not the right forum for that info, but I'm not sure if there is another one more specific.

                  --This is a great place for this info.--

                  > But I think I have decided to just make my own. I am an electronics technician by trade and have most of the bits and pieces on hand already. I've been gathering the info to make sure what is exactly needed to achieve electronically, so I am sure I will be able to come up with a Rolls Royce version!

                  --Good for you!--

                  > I had read some of your previous posts on the forum but after reading you reply I have found some more. What is the "Electro-Dermal Screening"? Is that a form of E.A.V. testing? When I had my cavitation surgery, the dentist just went in, cleaned it out, sewed it up..and home I went. There was no testing done during or after the surgery. However, a week later and again a month later I went to another dentist who did an E.A.V. test on me to see if he could pick up any irregularity with the site and it came up all clear.

                  --Sorry, not sure what EAV testing is. The electro-dermal screening is not something I would put much faith in. As I recall, I had him test me with that machine on the other sites that had cavitations and they came up clear, too. But this was a year ago, so my memory could be faulty on this.--

                  > Thank again,
                  > Burd.

                  --You're welcome. Sorry it took me a while to catch your post. I've been out having a life for a change!--
                  Ericka
                • Kai
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 1, 2010
                    =======Hi Burd , comments below.......

                    From: "Burd27" <burd27@...>

                    =====Very good idea, Burt.=====

                    What I would like to know is any information about other people who have
                    had a recovery stage that stopped and particularly if they were able to
                    create it again and hopefully maintain that recovery. This is probably not
                    the right forum for that info, but I'm not sure if there is another one more
                    specific.

                    =====You can ask more questions relating to chelation on the FDC group as
                    well.
                    As you know, DMSA you can start 4 days after all metal has been removed.
                    And ALA three months later.
                    I general, people feel much better after having had their metals removed and
                    then start chelating.
                    Andy talks about a dumping phase around 6 months after metals are removed.
                    Keep chelating through this period, make sure you are on the recommended
                    supps, especially the 4 basics, Vit C, Vit E , magnesium and Zinc.
                    On page 152 in AI you will find a chart explaining this to you.=====

                    =====Also a good idea. I suggest you don't start any zapping until you are
                    metal-free.=====

                    There are myriads of them about, but it is difficult to determine which
                    ones would be able to all three tasks. Also each website rubbishes all
                    others. There's not much available in Australia, so I was looking OS for
                    something.

                    ======Consult with DeanSA about this. he has them available according to Dr
                    Hulda Clark's standards and specifications.
                    I used and still use the toothzapper, zapper and foodzapper with great
                    success.=====

                    But I think I have decided to just make my own. I am an electronics
                    technician by trade and have most of the bits and pieces on hand already.
                    I've been gathering the info to make sure what is exactly needed to achieve
                    electronically, so I am sure I will be able to come up with a Rolls Royce
                    version!

                    =====Good choice. You can make it easily yourself with your background.
                    Check Dr Clark's book, "Cure for all Dideases" where she gives you all the
                    information to put it together.
                    http://livingnetwork.co.za/productnetwork/
                    DeanSa could help you with any questions as he has been using it for
                    years.=====

                    > I had read some of your previous posts on the forum but after reading you
                    > reply I have found some more. What is the "Electro-Dermal Screening"? Is
                    > that a form of E.A.V. testing? When I had my cavitation surgery, the
                    > dentist just went in, cleaned it out, sewed it up..and home I went.

                    ====Burt, I hope you followed the 3 day dental clean-up after leaving the
                    dentist to avoid re-infection?
                    http://livingnetwork.co.za/drclarknetwork/dental-work/dental-aftercare/
                    Best,
                    kai ======

                    There was no testing done during or after the surgery. However, a week
                    later and again a month later I went to another dentist who did an E.A.V.
                    test on me to see if he could pick up any irregularity with the site and it
                    came up all clear.

                    > Thank again,
                    > Burd.

                  • Brendan D
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 4, 2010
                      Hi again Kai,

                      Thanks for your comments.

                      "=====Also a good idea. I suggest you don't start any zapping until you are

                      metal-free.====="
                      What specifically do you mean by metal free?  Do you mean after having all amalgams and other dental implants removed, or do you mean after a period of chelation to remove the major heavy metal body burden?

                      "====Burt, I hope you followed the 3 day dental clean-up after leaving the
                      dentist to avoid re-infection?"
                      No, not really. I didn't know about this specific 3 day protocol of Dr Clarks.  I had taken on board some things recommended by Dr. Hal Huggins.

                      Looking through the description though, I think I had most of it covered in maybe other ways.  As I cannot eat food at all (I have a PEG feeding tube in the stomach), all the care regarding food in the mouth cavity doesn't apply anyway.   I did not rinse with dental bleach, but I did rinse with warm salty water 3 or 4 times a day for a week, gradually increasing the temperature of the water.

                      I had a wisdom tooth pulled out at the time of which its roots extended up through the cavitation site and into the sinus cavity.  It left a 2mm hole from the sinus through to the cavitation site.  One thing that is not included on Dr Clarks list, but is of utmost importance according to Dr Huggins, is what he calls his "four mile rule".  He said that he has found that after cavitation surgery or a tooth extraction, where it is of utmost importance that the blood clot forms and remains intact, that if the patients leaves the dental surgery soon after the procedure and is driven away in a car for any more than four miles, that the clot will fail and will never form. He highly recommends that a person doesn't travel for more than four miles for a period of two hours after the surgery. I made sure that I followed that rule as well and am fairly confident that the clot has formed okay.

                      Thanks again,
                      BURD
                    • Kai
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 6, 2010
                        Hi Burd======

                        From: "Brendan D" <burd27@...>

                        ====== Correct. =======

                        =======It does seem that chance for re-infection is small with what you did.
                        Well done.=======

                        ====== Correct. Very important point.======

                        that if the patients leaves the dental surgery soon after the procedure and
                        is driven away in a car for any more than four miles, that the clot will
                        fail and will never form. He highly recommends that a person doesn't travel
                        for more than four miles for a period of two hours after the surgery. I made
                        sure that I followed that rule as well and am fairly confident that the clot
                        has formed okay.

                        ======= Seems like you will heal just fine, Burd.
                        Thanks for the info of the "four mile rule" as I wasn't aware of it
                        and cannot remember if it has ever been mentioned on this list or on FDC.
                        I will sure pass that on next time someone needs this info.
                        All the best for your chelation journey.
                        Kai