Re: [Demonology and the Occult] Digest Number 90

  • Babs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      <
      From: jlfdrill2000
      Subject: studies

      actually it is more likely that the New Testiment
      (which was written several hundred years after
      Jesus' death) was written to 're-write' the story
      so that it more closely coincided with what was
      in the Old Testiment. I suggest the works of
      John Dominic Crossan as a good starting place for
      anyone who, like me, is more interested in
      histroy/archeology and less interested in
      mythology. There have been too many books left
      out of the Bible - including the Q texts and the
      book of Thomas, additional books of Moses
      (interesting from an Occult stand point I might
      add to anyone interested); the book of Thomas is
      belived to be the actual words of the man (ie
      Jesus) himself and the Q texts are considered to
      be more 'reliable' historically than what
      actually made it into the Bible. There are also
      hosts of contradictions within the Bible - but
      THIS really isn't a forum for that sort of
      discussion.

      ~Babs - whose hobby is religous study

      =====

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • sean koehler
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        do you know where I can find a copy of the book of thomas? And for anyone else I have read the goetia and modern magic. Is there any other books I should read prior to my first summoning? Like what kind of offering should we make if we are to make a offering and must we really need a 10' by 15' room for the circle and triangle? These are just questions from one seeking knowledge anyone?