Re: [Demonology and the Occult] Digest Number 263

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2003
      The Name Dagda came through to me in a dream. I looked up the name and it happen to be the name of an elder celtic god. I am not sure exactly what qualities he had but as i recall he had something to do with the Celtic god Lugh. I told one of my friends about it and ever since he has called my dagda just because it stuck. Malakai came from the 2 sources. The first source was the red-haired boy from the first children of the corn movie. The second source came from the word Malachai (which by the way is pronounced Mal-a-chi with the chi sounded out like the word chives). And walczak was my biological father's last name and was mine until my stepfather adopted me when i was 10 but i prefer to spell it as walzak as it is easier for most people to spell let alone say.

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Digest Number 262
      From: Tim

      2. Re: (unknown)
      From: Ruby Wyld

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:01:03 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Tim

      Subject: Re: Digest Number 262

      I had just about finished writing a very very long response to this digest and it was good too! I can't believe my interent "encountered a problem and needed to close". OOO that makes one very irritable. I will write it back as soon as I get back home tonight. As for right now I must get to work. And just to say it. The two of you brought up extremely resonable points in your posts.

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Ruby Wyld
      Subject: Re: (unknown)

      Hi, an off hand question but can ask where you got the 'dagda' part of your screen name from and what if any meaning the word has? I know it sounds odd, but it actually relates to a dream I had about 2yrs ago, I tried looking up the meaning but never found anything. In the dream the term 'dogba' or 'dagba'...or so it sounded was mentioned...just curious.

      RubyWyld

      dagda malakai walczak
      wrote:
      Well since many people have been asking what aspects of the religion
      of Malachai (the belief system of myself and your co-moderator
      Damien Crane) we've decided to answer the questions. it would be
      very difficult to simply spew all the information i know on the
      topic as it would be with any other religion or belief system. i can
      give basics on the religion. for starters although its followers are
      called craneists or craneans it has no set name for itself. people
      have been known to call it through latin and Ordo Germanus Grus
      (Order of the Brother Crane) or Craneism or Malachai. Others simply
      call upon it as they feel right. The basic principles come from
      multiple belief systems as with any other religion. Some basic
      principles are:

      - Life is in the hands of the people, not an almighty being. Fate is
      non-existant. The human mind is the door to the endtimes. Each
      individual decides her / his life(style).

      - We celebrate both the pleasant and negativity in life.

      - Human heterosexuality is understood rather than shunned.

      (I realize many will disagree with this portion but all are entitled
      to their own beliefs)
      - Homosexuality is morally wrong. Male and female reproductive
      organs are designed to be used in participle with each other. Sex
      alterations and same sex relationships are not too be had nor is
      bestiality.

      - False prophets and almighty beings have no place within Malachai.
      Worship is in life itself; our beings, nature and astrologic.

      - Neither sex is above the other. Both are worshipped as equals.
      Without one sex there could be no other.

      - The new year is celebrated at the vernal equinox. It only makes
      sense to celebrate a new year at the start of spring-time
      activities. Spring is considered to be the rebirth of life.

      - The beginning of the earth and life are written in the Cranean
      Polyist Theory. I would be glad to learn all of you further on this
      subject but I will not take up anymore of your time for the day and
      the Polyist section is rather long.

      If any of you have any questions or would like to know more about
      this belief system simply ask me online or offlist.

    • Ruby Wyld
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2003
        Thank you for the name explanation. In the dream I had concerning the word a black man was telling me something but in a language I didn't know...the last word was dogda, dagda or dogba, dagba...something that sounds like that..I just felt strongly that I needed to remember the word, find it's meaning. I even looked up some English to African Language sites to see if I could find the meaning. Thanks again for your info.

        RubyWyld

      • Uncle Seth
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2003
          > Thank you for the name explanation. In the dream I had concerning
          the word a black man was telling me something but in a language I
          didn't know...the last word was dogda, dagda or dogba,
          dagba...something that sounds like that..I just felt strongly that I
          needed to remember the word, find it's meaning. I even looked up some
          English to African Language sites to see if I could find the meaning.

          Could it be Legba, the voodoo deity?

          http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/papa_legba.html

          -s.:.
        • Ruby Wyld
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2003
            Actually ...around the time of the dream I was trying to work with that diety when I had the dream...and the man who said it to me was older. It wasn't really a typical dream...ever have those episodes where you are sure you are awake, but can't move? It was like that, I heard the comp chair behind me squeak like one of my kids sat in it, then it did it again like they got up, then the figure of the man walked around the couch turned towards me and said his stuff, I tried to understand but just couldn't, ...just that last word, he kissed my forhead and faded out, then I woke up or came out of it. So that one word has had me going for awhile now. My practices tend to lean towards Vodou, but I am not initiated or follower of the traditional ways.

            RubyWyld