Bad News

  • Magus Lazarus
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1 9:43 AM
      For those that haven't heard yet, we have lost another Space Shuttle.

      No, this is not a joke. The Story should be on the local news for the next week.

      Magus LazarusGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

    • Uncle Seth <zilvio_78@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2 2:12 AM
        > For those that haven't heard yet, we have lost another Space
        Shuttle.
        > No, this is not a joke. The Story should be on the local news for
        the next week.

        I actually made a bet that they will use the crash as an excuse to
        attack Iraq... evidence is always easy to fake.

        But other than that, it's only seven lives, nothing more...

        -S.
      • Luis Romero
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 2 9:33 AM
          every life has value and even one life lost is a great loss.
          "Uncle Seth <zilvio_78@...>" <zilvio_78@...> wrote:
          > For those that haven't heard yet, we have lost another Space
          Shuttle.
          > No, this is not a joke. The Story should be on the local news for
          the next week.

          I actually made a bet that they will use the crash as an excuse to
          attack Iraq... evidence is always easy to fake.

          But other than that, it's only seven lives, nothing more...

          -S.

          Don Lauro Luis Armondo Romero Hernandez Othon Navar Arce Borbon II

        • Magus Lazarus
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 2 10:28 AM
            only 7 lives?!? are you on crack?! don't you remember what happened the last time we lost a shuttle? they damn nearly shut down the entire space mission. there wasn't another mission for 2 years after that, and even then they were only Top Secret military mission. hell it has only been relatively recently that non-military personnel were allow back on board the shuttle missions at all.

            regardless of what anyone thinks or likes, there very much is a space race happening as we speak. if we are the ones controlling that race, then we have first dibs on anything found/discovered along the way. this includes mineral rites from asteroids and Mars.

            don't delude yourself into thinking that it is only 7 lives at risk.

            ML

            every life has value and even one life lost is a great loss.
            "Uncle Seth <zilvio_78@...>" <zilvio_78@...> wrote:
            > For those that haven't heard yet, we have lost another Space
            Shuttle.
            > No, this is not a joke. The Story should be on the local news for
            the next week.

            I actually made a bet that they will use the crash as an excuse to
            attack Iraq... evidence is always easy to fake.

            But other than that, it's only seven lives, nothing more...

            -S.

            Don Lauro Luis Armondo Romero Hernandez Othon Navar Arce Borbon II

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Uncle Seth <zilvio_78@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 2 11:50 PM
              --- In demonologyandtheoccult@yahoogroups.com, "Magus Lazarus"
              <magus_lazarus@h...> wrote:
              > only 7 lives?!? are you on crack?! don't you remember what
              happened the last time we lost a shuttle? they damn nearly shut down
              the entire space mission. there wasn't another mission for 2 years
              after that, and even then they were only Top Secret military
              mission. hell it has only been relatively recently that non-military
              personnel were allow back on board the shuttle missions at all.

              OK, I see your point, I just thought that you had only humanitarian
              interests/concerns. But it isn't likely that they're going to shut
              down the space mission, especially since there seems to be no signs
              of "terrorism". And what's the hurry, anyway?

              > regardless of what anyone thinks or likes, there very much is a
              space race happening as we speak. if we are the ones controlling
              that race, then we have first dibs on anything found/discovered along
              the way. this includes mineral rites from asteroids and Mars.

              Personally, I'd prefer a situation where there is no "we". Even if
              this sounds sheepish, I think that space should be conquered (if it
              should, in the first place) by all nations together. If you look at
              history, all invasions made by tyrannies have caused lots of
              problems. Rome 2000 years ago, the Colonization a few hundred years
              ago, USA today. True, there's no one living on Mars to be oppressed,
              but still... And of course the U.S. were the second nation in space
              and has been one of the driving forces behind the whole space race. I
              admit that much, but still think that the best way to go is together.

              But, this is getting dangerously off-topic. I am willing to continue
              privately, however.

              -S.
            • Ruby Wyld
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 3 5:44 AM
                I think it's stupid how they say they will halt all shuttle runs now
                because of this. We have 7 shuttles, they are made by man like planes ,
                trains and cars so how can anyone expect there to never be an accident???
                Dozens have died in small plane crashes in the last couple of months but do
                they shut down all small planes? No. People are killed everyday doing
                normal things like going to work or walking their dog...yes it's sad but a
                national tragedy? I don't know. Those astronauts knew all the risks and
                got to do and see things most only dream about, I doubt they would want the
                program to come to a halt.

                Deb

                Ruby Wyld
                rubywyld@...
                Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

              • iam77677666 <Abadon@worldnet.att.net>
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 4 1:45 AM
                  Humanity is going to have to leave this planet and begin colonizing
                  space if it wants to survive and evolve. If we stay here we will
                  drown in our own shit, kill ourselves and the planet with nukes
                  and/or pollution, or be invaded by aliens. And it is (or at least
                  should be) human nature to explore, settle, and conquer, and such
                  things bring about advancements of all kinds to humanity. Where's
                  your spirit of adventure?

                  --- In demonologyandtheoccult@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Seth
                  <zilvio_78@y...>" <zilvio_78@y...> wrote:
                  And what's the hurry, anyway?
                • Luis Romero
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 4 5:57 AM
                    alians dont exist, they never have and never will thats a fact, and all this evolution stuff is stupid as well its just a theory and its being tought in schools, a theory with no proof of a beginning? is it just me or does that make no sense?
                    "iam77677666 <Abadon@...>" <Abadon@...> wrote:Humanity is going to have to leave this planet and begin colonizing
                    space if it wants to survive and evolve. If we stay here we will
                    drown in our own shit, kill ourselves and the planet with nukes
                    and/or pollution, or be invaded by aliens. And it is (or at least
                    should be) human nature to explore, settle, and conquer, and such
                    things bring about advancements of all kinds to humanity. Where's
                    your spirit of adventure?

                    --- In demonologyandtheoccult@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Seth
                    <zilvio_78@y...>" <zilvio_78@y...> wrote:
                    And what's the hurry, anyway?

                    Don Lauro Luis Armondo Romero Hernandez Othon Navar Arce Borbon II

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 4 6:42 AM
                      You actually think in all of the universe mankind is the only
                      sentient life? Something can't be a fact unless it can be proven.
                      And yes, evolution is a theory, but it's a theory with a Hell of a
                      lot more evidence than any other theory we've come up with so far.
                      And no proof of a beginning? There is no religion or scientific
                      theory anywhere that has proof that the're right about how the
                      universe came about. Besides, to say that such a grand thing as the
                      universe needs a creator is moronic, because then the creator would
                      have to be just as grand, so therefore he would need a creator, and
                      so on.

                      --- In demonologyandtheoccult@yahoogroups.com, Luis Romero

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 4 10:22 AM
                        > Humanity is going to have to leave this planet and begin colonizing
                        > space if it wants to survive and evolve.

                        So far, all the evolution has happened right here on this planet. Is
                        there any reason to believe that evolution will stop one day, even if
                        we remain here? And, with bio- and cybertechnology, we may even be
                        able to speed evolution up a bit. Hopefully in our lifetime.

                        > If we stay here we will
                        > drown in our own shit, kill ourselves and the planet with nukes
                        > and/or pollution, or be invaded by aliens.

                        Wouldn't it be easier to stop polluting instead of running away? The
                        less you eat, the less you shit, so to speak. Rockets themselves
                        cause pollution in no small degree. And if we make it up there one
                        day, is there any reason that pollution or the nuclear threat would
                        diminish?

                        But still, there are lots of problems on this planet, some of which
                        could be solved by Going Space. Overpopulation, for example. But as I
                        hinted in an earlier post, I think it would be better to get the
                        stuff working on micro-level before racing out to the macro. For
                        proof, just look at the colonization of the Americas, Africa,
                        anything.

                        And it is (or at least
                        > should be) human nature to explore, settle, and conquer, and such
                        > things bring about advancements of all kinds to humanity. Where's
                        > your spirit of adventure?

                        Some great man, whose name I forget, could have been Jung, noted that
                        the interest in the unconscious began to grow at about the same time
                        as the whole globe had been "discovered". Meaning: as there were no
                        more Frontiers on the physical level, man had to dig deeper within
                        himself to fulfill his urge to conquer and his need for adventure.
                        There was no space programs back then, of course, and it can be
                        argued that movies, literature and TV shows have nowadays quenched
                        the thirst for thrill in some people.

                        As I mentioned before, it is the Microcosm that really needs to be
                        explored before anything else. That is where the problems of the
                        humankind mostly lie. Never go to war unless your army is truly
                        ready.

                        -S.
                      • Luis Romero
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 4 2:20 PM
                          and you actally think that theres life out there? i'll let you have your thoughts on the subject...but it makes no sense to teach a theoy as fact....i dont know about religion but they make a little more sense than darwin...
                          "iam77677666 <Abadon@...>" <Abadon@...> wrote:You actually think in all of the universe mankind is the only

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 4 2:39 PM
                            <zilvio_78@y...>" <zilvio_78@y...> wrote:
                            > So far, all the evolution has happened right here on this planet.
                            Is
                            > there any reason to believe that evolution will stop one day, even
                            if
                            > we remain here? And, with bio- and cybertechnology, we may even be
                            > able to speed evolution up a bit. Hopefully in our lifetime.

                            I don't neccessarily mean actual physical evolution. It seems to me
                            that humanity would grow and thrive at a much greater rate if it were
                            to begin spreading out over the rest of the cosmos. As humanity grew
                            larger, so would the amount of ideas. And we would also inevitably
                            advance technologically at a greater rate, because advancements will
                            always arise out of a need or challenge (unless we die). Besides, I
                            think it is a very important instinct in humanity to explore,
                            colonize, and conquer. Such things are what build mighty empires and
                            make legends.

                            I also find bio- and cybertechnology fascinating! That stuff could
                            make us into immortal beings with god like powers, especially if
                            combined with the occult!

                            > Wouldn't it be easier to stop polluting instead of running away?
                            The
                            > less you eat, the less you shit, so to speak. Rockets themselves
                            > cause pollution in no small degree. And if we make it up there one
                            > day, is there any reason that pollution or the nuclear threat would
                            > diminish?

                            Well, first of all, I think that the colonization of space would help
                            to bring about technological advancements at a greater rate, perhaps
                            eliminating the problem of pollution (and a more spread out
                            population would help that as well). And rockets we will definately
                            be going past soon, in my opinion, replacing them with machines that
                            use anti-gravity or who knows what(unless those who rule us decide to
                            continue being extremely selfish, short sighted, morons.) And who
                            knows what kind of magical developements we might gain from leaving
                            the Earth and becoming celestial, with the discoveries of the natural
                            magicks of different worlds and suns, and how we might better learn
                            to use and measure them? Who knows what insights that would give us
                            into the true nature of magick, and how to better use it? We might
                            enter a time when the average person could do legend level miracles!

                            We would still have the nuclear threat, but with each new planet we
                            colonized, the chance of us completely wiping ourselves and/or our
                            technology and life in general out would become smaller and smaller.
                            And I don't look at it as "running away" at all, but as pushing
                            forward! Mother Nature, or God, or who/whatever it was, made us with
                            the ability to do truly wonderous things. Perhaps it is our Destiny
                            to bring life and all its magical energies to the baren rocks that
                            occupy most of outer space? I think we were made with an instinct to
                            explore, colonize, and conquer, and if we were then that means we are
                            meant to do so. I have a dream of a great galactic god-like species
                            called Humanity, that eventually the whole universe might tremble
                            before!

                            > But still, there are lots of problems on this planet, some of which
                            > could be solved by Going Space. Overpopulation, for example. But as
                            > hinted in an earlier post, I think it would be better to get the
                            > stuff working on micro-level before racing out to the macro. For
                            > proof, just look at the colonization of the Americas, Africa,
                            > anything.

                            But didn't colonization on our planet bring about a lot more
                            advances? It seems to me it would work the same way in Space. And
                            going to the macro might give us all kinds of insights into the
                            micro. I don't think we are meant to be peace loving anyways, if
                            that's what your getting at. Other species war eachother all the
                            time, and those empires that I would consider to be the greatest were
                            made of war loving peoples! War brings about advancement, and it is
                            a natural way of killing off the weak and stupid to make more room
                            for the strong and smart.

                            > Some great man, whose name I forget, could have been Jung, noted
                            that
                            > the interest in the unconscious began to grow at about the same
                            time
                            > as the whole globe had been "discovered". Meaning: as there were no
                            > more Frontiers on the physical level, man had to dig deeper within
                            > himself to fulfill his urge to conquer and his need for adventure.
                            > There was no space programs back then, of course, and it can be
                            > argued that movies, literature and TV shows have nowadays quenched
                            > the thirst for thrill in some people.

                            > As I mentioned before, it is the Microcosm that really needs to be
                            > explored before anything else. That is where the problems of the
                            > humankind mostly lie. Never go to war unless your army is truly
                            > ready.

                            But it could be argued that the army is never truly ready for the
                            war, that it is the war that makes the soldiers, not the other way
                            around.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 4 2:54 PM
                              The universe is too big for us to comprehend. To say that this is
                              the only planet that supports life, is like saying that a huge
                              building size chunk of crap only has one single bacteria in it. And,
                              yes, I agree that evolution should be taught more as a theory than a
                              fact, but it is still the best theory that we have come up with yet,
                              it has the most evidence supporting it. And I don't see how any
                              religious myths make more sense than Darwins theories. Darwins
                              theories are based on observation, religion is based on
                              indoctrination. And I have yet to see one single piece of real
                              evidence to support a religion such as Christianity for example.
                              Perhaps I am simply thinking along different lines than you are
                              though? Perhaps if you explained to me why you think religion makes
                              more sense than Darwins theories?

                              (By the way, I don't consider all occult science to be rubbish, I
                              think quite the contrary actually, as real occult science is based on
                              actual experiences, observation, and experimentation. What I don't
                              like is dogmatic religions, that use the same mentality as a child
                              who believes in the Tooth Fairy, such as those that pervade most of
                              society.)

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 5 1:16 PM
                                > and you actally think that theres life out there? i'll let you have
                                your thoughts on the subject...but it makes no sense to teach a theoy
                                as fact....i dont know about religion but they make a little more
                                sense than darwin...

                                May I ask which way of thinking you were taught at school? Because
                                that has a huge impact on how we think. I was taught that the
                                Darwinist model (or evolutionary model) is a fact, and consequently
                                cannot find any theory that can challenge it. Wouldn't mind a little
                                change, though... Do you have any arguments against Darwinism or pro
                                something?

                                -S.
                              • Uncle Seth <zilvio_78@yahoo.com>
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 5 1:54 PM
                                  > I also find bio- and cybertechnology fascinating! That stuff could
                                  > make us into immortal beings with god like powers, especially if
                                  > combined with the occult!

                                  Oh, at least some here have Faustian sparks in their souls... Which
                                  is absolutely wonderful, I think. While our generation may not yet
                                  learn the secrets of immortality, there certainly will be lots of
                                  advances in this field. Cybertech, that is, not immortality business.

                                  Actually, it's only recently that I have discovered the beauty of
                                  this stuff. Which means that I'm all the more enthusiastic about
                                  it... At the moment I'm still getting to grips with the general
                                  feeling of the cyber-universe, reading fiction and some articles, but
                                  I think there's also a whole bunch of texts on cyber-occultism.

                                  http://www.techgnosis.com is one place to start the adventure, with
                                  lots of semi-esoteric articles on everything, including the
                                  relationship between technology and religion. And then there's
                                  Carroll and Fraternitas Saturni et al, which I still have to check
                                  out. Anything else, anyone?

                                  > Well, first of all, I think that the colonization of space would
                                  help
                                  > to bring about technological advancements at a greater rate,
                                  perhaps
                                  > eliminating the problem of pollution (and a more spread out
                                  > population would help that as well). And rockets we will
                                  definately
                                  > be going past soon, in my opinion, replacing them with machines
                                  that
                                  > use anti-gravity or who knows what(unless those who rule us decide
                                  > continue being extremely selfish, short sighted, morons.)

                                  Those who rule us will continue being extremely selfish, short
                                  sighted morons, there's no doubt about that. Oil will be used until
                                  there is no more oil to use. Colonization itself won't speed up
                                  technological advancement, but another Space Race certainly would.
                                  And in my last post I just condemned the whole competition thing. Oh
                                  well...

                                  > But didn't colonization on our planet bring about a lot more
                                  > advances?

                                  Did it? Of course it was inevitable, it would have been done sooner
                                  or later anyway, but maybe it would be done differently if it were
                                  done today. Maybe there would be less bloodshed and more
                                  understanding between the different peoples. Similarily, maybe the
                                  space will be conquered in a slightly less sophisticated manner now
                                  than it would be in 2100.

                                  > It seems to me it would work the same way in Space. And
                                  > going to the macro might give us all kinds of insights into the
                                  > micro. I don't think we are meant to be peace loving anyways, if
                                  > that's what your getting at. Other species war eachother all the
                                  > time, and those empires that I would consider to be the greatest
                                  were
                                  > made of war loving peoples! War brings about advancement, and it
                                  is
                                  > a natural way of killing off the weak and stupid to make more room
                                  > for the strong and smart.

                                  Yeah, except nowadays wealth seems to weigh more on Azrael's scales
                                  than strength. Intelligence is always a bonus, of course. But this
                                  seems to be where the world is going. While I have no problems facing
                                  that, being strong and smart, wealthy and influential, and just
                                  kidding, I still won't let the hippie inside me die. Not just yet.

                                  > > As I mentioned before, it is the Microcosm that really needs to
                                  be
                                  > > explored before anything else. That is where the problems of the
                                  > > humankind mostly lie. Never go to war unless your army is truly
                                  > > ready.
                                  > But it could be argued that the army is never truly ready for the
                                  > war, that it is the war that makes the soldiers, not the other way
                                  > around.

                                  Damn it, you beat me! ;) So I'll have to modify my maxim: "Don't go
                                  to war until your army is sufficiently ready to start the trip that
                                  begins with the war, but which will actually last forever; wars end,
                                  people don't - until they die, that is." Beats Sun Tzu, I think.

                                  I have a lot more to say, but right now my eyelids are getting too
                                  heavy to peer through. I'll continue next week, after having spent
                                  some days in a freezer. Cryogenics, you see.

                                  -S.
                                • iam77677666 <Abadon@worldnet.att.net>
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 6 1:09 PM
                                    <zilvio_78@y...>" <zilvio_78@y...> wrote:
                                    > Oh, at least some here have Faustian sparks in their souls... Which
                                    > is absolutely wonderful, I think. While our generation may not yet
                                    > learn the secrets of immortality, there certainly will be lots of
                                    > advances in this field. Cybertech, that is, not immortality
                                    business.

                                    You never know. We could lend a helping wand and mind to the Life
                                    Extension Foundation, and make sure we actually got the benefits and
                                    not just rich assholes and politicians.

                                    > Actually, it's only recently that I have discovered the beauty of
                                    > this stuff. Which means that I'm all the more enthusiastic about
                                    > it... At the moment I'm still getting to grips with the general
                                    > feeling of the cyber-universe, reading fiction and some articles,
                                    but
                                    > I think there's also a whole bunch of texts on cyber-occultism.

                                    I'm also very new to the cyber-occultism. I did do some reading
                                    awhile back about those chaos magicians who were trying to turn the
                                    internet into one giant "servitor" though. If we were to succeed at
                                    something like that then that could literely lead to a whole new
                                    science, but it could also be pretty dangerous and make us all slaves
                                    to a few people or the creations of people.

                                    > http://www.techgnosis.com is one place to start the adventure, with
                                    > lots of semi-esoteric articles on everything, including the
                                    > relationship between technology and religion. And then there's
                                    > Carroll and Fraternitas Saturni et al, which I still have to check
                                    > out. Anything else, anyone?
                                    >

                                    > Those who rule us will continue being extremely selfish, short
                                    > sighted morons, there's no doubt about that. Oil will be used until
                                    > there is no more oil to use. Colonization itself won't speed up
                                    > technological advancement, but another Space Race certainly would.
                                    > And in my last post I just condemned the whole competition thing.
                                    Oh
                                    > well...

                                    What I'm hoping is that those who rule will be replaced by leaders
                                    that are more in the interest of the "commoners" such as myself. In
                                    fact, that's another project I plan on working on someday, getting a
                                    bunch of magicians together to cast spells to help the rather sad
                                    condition of Western societies today, and the far far worse condition
                                    Americas President Junior seems to want to put it in.

                                    > Did it? Of course it was inevitable, it would have been done sooner
                                    > or later anyway, but maybe it would be done differently if it were
                                    > done today. Maybe there would be less bloodshed and more
                                    > understanding between the different peoples. Similarily, maybe the
                                    > space will be conquered in a slightly less sophisticated manner now
                                    > than it would be in 2100.

                                    Well, its my personal belief that physical exploration and
                                    colonization, and even war, goes hand in hand with technological
                                    advancement. As America was settled, all kinds of advancements took
                                    place, the train is one example. And wars have been one of the
                                    biggest catalysts in technological advancement. In fact, I'd venture
                                    to say that most of the advancements that our race has made was done
                                    out of competition. The reason America went to the moon was because
                                    Russia was also trying to. (However, I've noticed while watching the
                                    video of the first guy walking on the moon that the flag was waving.
                                    There is no atmosphere on the moon. I'd like to ask him about that
                                    if I ever get a chance.) And nuclear power was discovered because of
                                    World War II. Humans seem to love to kill eachother, who's to say
                                    were not meant to? There are many species that survive because they
                                    kill eachother.

                                    > Yeah, except nowadays wealth seems to weigh more on Azrael's scales
                                    > than strength. Intelligence is always a bonus, of course. But this
                                    > seems to be where the world is going. While I have no problems
                                    facing
                                    > that, being strong and smart, wealthy and influential, and just
                                    > kidding, I still won't let the hippie inside me die. Not just yet.

                                    Yes, consumerism and materialism have got to be a couple of the
                                    greatest curses on mankind. I truly hate them. But I still hope
                                    that they might die, and I plan to aid such a thing through magick
                                    and art.

                                    > Damn it, you beat me! ;) So I'll have to modify my maxim: "Don't go
                                    > to war until your army is sufficiently ready to start the trip that
                                    > begins with the war, but which will actually last forever; wars
                                    end,
                                    > people don't - until they die, that is." Beats Sun Tzu, I think.

                                    Heheh, a nice "little" piece of advice, I guess.

                                    > I have a lot more to say, but right now my eyelids are getting too
                                    > heavy to peer through. I'll continue next week, after having spent
                                    > some days in a freezer. Cryogenics, you see.

                                    Sounds good. By the way, are you Uncle Set Setnack (or something
                                    like that) from the Temple of Set?

                                    > -S.
                                  • Tereasa Griffith
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 6 2:06 PM
                                      to whom it is concerned I would not like any more e-mail's from this group I want to unsubscribe from this group.
                                      thank you
                                      Tara

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 10 12:28 AM
                                        > What I'm hoping is that those who rule will be replaced by leaders
                                        > that are more in the interest of the "commoners" such as myself.
                                        In
                                        > fact, that's another project I plan on working on someday, getting
                                        > bunch of magicians together to cast spells to help the rather sad
                                        > condition of Western societies today, and the far far worse
                                        condition
                                        > Americas President Junior seems to want to put it in.

                                        It's even better to become a leader yourself. Not the president or
                                        anything, but some sort of little leader. Wriggling slowly upwards on
                                        the social hierarchy, gaining more and more control over your
                                        surroundings, establishing a network of connections with people of
                                        importance around the world, and yet maintaining a modest appearance
                                        as a mask to avoid envy and jealousy. I'd be a perfect Mason...

                                        > Sounds good. By the way, are you Uncle Set Setnack (or something
                                        > like that) from the Temple of Set?

                                        Oh no, no. I wasn't even aware of him before, in fact. But I'm not
                                        surprised if the name Seth is used by many...

                                        -S.
                                      • iam77677666 <Abadon@worldnet.att.net>
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 10 3:34 PM
                                          <zilvio_78@y...>" <zilvio_78@y...> wrote:
                                          > It's even better to become a leader yourself. Not the president or
                                          > anything, but some sort of little leader. Wriggling slowly upwards
                                          on
                                          > the social hierarchy, gaining more and more control over your
                                          > surroundings, establishing a network of connections with people of
                                          > importance around the world, and yet maintaining a modest
                                          appearance
                                          > as a mask to avoid envy and jealousy. I'd be a perfect Mason...

                                          I've been thinking about taking over the world for a while now. I'm
                                          not sure which organization I want to go through though... I even
                                          thought about trying it through Catholocism, I would be especially
                                          interested to get my hands on some of those more obscure occult books
                                          that they are rumored to have, but I really dislike the taste of
                                          Christianity for the most part. And it would be difficult to hide
                                          all my sinning from my followers.

                                          > > Sounds good. By the way, are you Uncle Set Setnack (or something
                                          > > like that) from the Temple of Set?
                                          >
                                          > Oh no, no. I wasn't even aware of him before, in fact. But I'm not
                                          > surprised if the name Seth is used by many...

                                          Ok then. It's no surprise that you aren't aware of him though, I
                                          don't believe he was especially high ranking in the Temple of Set, I
                                          just stumbled upon his website when I was still really new to the
                                          occult and enjoyed some of the stuff their.

                                          > -S.
                                        • Magus Lazarus
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 10 8:57 PM
                                            ROFLMAO!!!!! Jaye you have KILLED ME!! with this one!!

                                            ML

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 10 11:50 PM
                                              > I've been thinking about taking over the world for a while now.
                                              I'm
                                              > not sure which organization I want to go through though... I even
                                              > thought about trying it through Catholocism, I would be especially
                                              > interested to get my hands on some of those more obscure occult
                                              books
                                              > that they are rumored to have, but I really dislike the taste of
                                              > Christianity for the most part. And it would be difficult to hide
                                              > all my sinning from my followers.

                                              I'm not sure if religious organizations are the best way of getting
                                              to the top. Their power is getting weaker and weaker, after all.
                                              There could be a market for Islam in the west or some sort of
                                              Christianity in Asia, but all the other clubs seem to be going down.

                                              A cult would be a good choice, I think. If you manage to establish a
                                              cult for rich people, and become a leader of it, you will have
                                              unlimited power in a small area. As for taking over the whole world,
                                              that seems a bit harder... And anyway, I think this kind of
                                              enterprise is best accomplished in secrecy. The leaders of a
                                              democratic world are never much more than puppets, while those who
                                              have the true power choose to avoid publicity. So, I'll go for a
                                              secret society...

                                              -S.
                                            • iam77677666 <Abadon@worldnet.att.net>
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 11 3:26 PM
                                                Ummmm, I'm not Jaye...? I believe you know Jaye from
                                                OccultBlackMagic. And.... whats so funny?

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Feb 11 3:30 PM
                                                  Yes I've come to the same conclusions. I was also thinking a cult
                                                  might be a good way to go, unfortunately I don't currently have much
                                                  contact with rich people. A federation of secret societies might
                                                  also gain a substantial amount of power, especially if they were
                                                  composed of mostly rich people. And if the members of the secret
                                                  societies really are skilled in magick then that would certainly be
                                                  an aid. I've also been thinking that clubs sort of like the old
                                                  Hellfire clubs might be a real hit with many of the rich here in
                                                  America today.