famous OLE error... but I can't solve it

  • Enrique
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hello !
      I know my problem is well known:
      "Could not obtain OLE control window handle"
      And I know because it appears, and I've read how to solve it with
      TEmbbeddedWB, but I'm using BCB and I'm not using it TEmbeddedWB. Therefore,
      is there another solution?
      I don't want to close my CppWebBrowser when it find something like:
      window.close();

      I hope you can help me.
      Thanks !
      enri.
    • Delphian @ ┬«Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
        Enrique
        The best advice that I can give you is to get and install TEmbeddedWB.
        The TWebBrowser does not have a lot of the added features that
        TEmbeddedWB has, and you will have to do a lot of coding to
        Make your project work anywhere near as good as it will with TEmbeddedWB
        will.

        That is not just my opinion, but that is a fact.
        The Default TWebBrowser component that is shipping with Delphi & Cpp
        Are nothing but just a standard wrapper, with nothing else added to it.

        Good Luck
        Wayne
      • Enrique
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
          Thanks Wayne, I know what you said is truth, but I'm using BCB5, not Delphi,
          and I can't install TEmbeddedWB (I have tried to do it many times).
          (And I have written my project based on TCppWebBrowser...)