Astronomical Society of the Pacific: Connecting People to Science

  • karenjennings33
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2011
      Hi Delmarva Stargazers!

      Is anyone planning on attending this? Looks pretty cool!

      http://www.astrosociety.org/events/meeting.html

      A National Conference on Science Education and Public Outreach

      Presented by the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP)
      in Partnership with the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
      and the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)
      ASP logoAGU logoSTScI logo

      July 30-August 3, 2011
      Tremont Plaza Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland

      Featuring:
      Connecting People to Science: EPO National Conference (July 31-August 3) and
      In the Footsteps of Galileo: A Galileo Teacher Training Program (GTTP) Workshop (July 30-July 31)

      We invite you to join us on the East Coast for a national conference on education and public outreach (EPO) in science, exploring how EPO is practiced in many settings and at many levels. We offer a conference for everyone involved in EPO and science communication in earth & space science, and related fields, including: scientists and EPO professionals from NASA and NSF projects, planetariums, museums, science centers, universities, scientific organizations, research institutions, parks, nature centers, and afterschool settings; K-14 teachers and instructors; scientists, administrators, education researchers, and project evaluators; and book authors, science journalists, podcasters, bloggers, public information officers, webmasters, and amateur astronomers doing outreach.
    • Michael P. Borgia