its february!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      I hereby declare the Winter of 2010-2011 to be OVER!

      Our daily weather is improving...every day!  The sun gets higher, rises earlier, warms the air and ground more and more.

      Old Punxsutawney Phil was looking for his umbrella and galoshes this morning...there were no shadows so Spring is definitely coming early.

      Punxsutawney Phil Predicts Spring Is on Its Way

      Published February 02, 2011

      GOBBLER'S KNOB, Penn. -- The world-famous weather-reading groundhog Punxsutawney Phil predicted spring was on its way Wednesday from his home at Gobbler's Knob, near Punxsutawney, Penn.

      Once we get by the Super Bowl...this weekend...and all that Daytona racing (the 500 is Feb 20) it will be time for opening day of baseball 2011.

      So, please enjoy the very small amount of ol man winter that is left...won't be long before we are star gazing again with the accompanying Spring critters.

      I predict we will hear the Spring peepers calling their mates by Feb 15.

      Oh, don't you really love this freezing rain, sleet, and terrible winter storm that decided to have mercy on Delmarva?

      BTW...I noticed the Channel 10 TV cameras did not show a full body shot of weatherman Glenn Hurricane Swartz yesterday...that's 'cause he wets his pants whilst delivering the news about this monster storm...the man does get excited about weather!

      OH! I have my garden peas all ready to plant in a couple of weeks and the 'taters won't be far behind.

      Have a nice day.

      Don...

    • chuckjennings33@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        Gotta love the groundhog! I am ready for an early spring.......getting the star partying itch. The April stargaze can't get here fast enough!
        -Chuck

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: Don Surles <don.surles@...>
        Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com